Monday, November 1, 2010

Gratitude

Tonight for FHE we made a Thanksgiving tree.
We explained to the Kids why we celebrate Thanksgiving and what it means to be grateful.
Yes folks I DO celebrate Thanksgiving.
I've been accused one too many times of going from Halloween straight into Christmas.

I know this tree is old news in the blog world but I have always wanted to do it and never had the chance.
Now that we are not packing, living in someone's home, or moving, we can do it!
Here is our tree after tonight.

The kids had a great time telling us what they are thankful for.



I'm excited to see how big it will get throughout the month!
I hope as our kids see it every day that it will help them think about what they are grateful for.

***********************************

My talented neighbor and friend did a blog post today about being Thankful. She hopes to do a post for everyday this month. I thought it was a SPECTACULAR idea so I'm gonna do it too. I often have to make myself stop and recognize the tender mercies in my life and I'm hoping this little gratitude exercise will help me to recognize those more frequently and naturally. I can always use a little gratitude practice!

Today I am thankful for Good Examples. I'm SURROUNDED by them! (Literally, My Neighbors are AMAZING!!!) My Parents, my In-Laws, my children, my Husband, my Siblings, my Friends, and most importantly my Savior Jesus Christ. I was going to type out specifics about each Group or person but I began typing the same "specifics". The most important thing is that all of these people make me feel loved. All of these people have gone out of their way to serve me. They make me want to be a better person. And I appreciate their example and influence in my life.

6 comments:

Elisa said...

Your clown outfits are SO ADORABLE!! And I love the Thanksgiving tree. I totally want to do that when my kids are a little older.

The Holyoaks said...

Very sweet! Your tree looks great. Mine looks totally different. I will have to post it soon. I like this idea of posting every day. Can't wait to read it!

The Horners said...

Dang it! I wanted to do this thankful post everyday too. I have a few friends who are doing it and now you..... and now me :) Cute tree. We are doing something similar but with a jar.

The Horners said...

ha, and i noticed donuts made it on the list!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

LOVE it!
What a great idea to help us focus on the positive things in our lives! We should all "count our blessings" more often.

Bassetts said...

So ambitious. I think we'll stick to the tree at home :) Love to see what you are grateful for though. We can always use more gratitude in our lives, huh? I'm grateful for you :)