Today I am grateful for Acceptance.

(I googled Acceptance searching for an image and this bad boy popped up. I don't get it but I'm not gonna judge it)
I'm not talking about the "I'm finally part of the cool girl group" acceptance.
I'm talking about the "this is my life and I'm good with that".
or the...
"Today was not the best day ever but that's OK".
The last few years I've really been working on self mastery. Which is not trying to obtain perfection but more of really getting to know me, appreciating me and accepting myself with or with out my flaws. It's been a long and CRAZY journey (and I'm not there yet). It has not been fun but I am thankful for the experience because I have learned so much about who I am and what I am capable of. I am becoming more and more comfortable with me. And it's not a "I'm gonna settle with me" but more of a I like who I am or what I'm becoming.
Sometimes I wish I could get back to that confident girl I once was,
but now I'm starting to see that I'm different and I'm liking myself more now.
I am thankful for my trials.
I am thankful for my short comings.
I am thankful for life/teaching experience.
I am thankful that I am not perfect.
I am thankful that I am trying to be a better me.
(and that concludes my crazy motivational/self affirmations for tonight)
2 comments:
Accepting limits is healthy & crucial for finding that confidence you "still" have - it's important to know that your limits change with the seasons of life - enjoy this season...I love you.
I think you're on the right track. I can tell you have changed your thinking so much and it makes me happy. Because I think you're pretty great.
I also learned to accept you a long time ago.
Post a Comment