Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gratitude {Day 20}

Today I am grateful for hair.

I would look really silly with out it.
Right after High School I went to Hair School.
I had some hairy teachers, made a lot of Hairy friends, and had a hairy time.

My salon chair broke in our move to AZ which has given me an excuse
to feel like I don't need to do hair.
I'm up to my eyeballs in kids so the chair breaking was either
something my husband did purposefully or a sign from above.

But thanks to my midgets, I get to practice my hair craft.
Lucie received her very first haircut tonight.
It was a last minute decision.
(I was just a wee bit tired of the mullet she had grown)
She did NOT sit still.
She now knows that scissors can and will cut hair.
(something I've tried to hide from her)
And those curls... I was not ready to part with her curls.
I actually teared up at the first cut.

I am happy to report that she no longer sports a mullet and...
Those sassy curls are still there!
THANK GOODNESS!!!


I am thankful that I can cut hair.
I am thankful that Hoots still has curls.
I am thankful that I only cut my hand once during the procedure.

5 comments:

Bassetts said...

Nice! Only 1 cut on your hand? I'm impressed. Still as cutie a tootie is hootie!

The Holyoaks said...

So sweet and sassy!

The Horners said...

Cute! I want to see it round brushed!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

LOVE this curly girlie!

Rochelle said...

I love her hair like this.