Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gratitude {Day 3}

Today I am thankful for my sister Jill.

I had rough day today. I really rough day. I struggled to find something, even something stupid to be grateful for.

At about 9pm I got an email from Jill that said "are you not grateful today? I keep checking..."

I replied, "had a really bad day... Def not grateful today other than for my kids and I did that yesterday."

and then of course she replied, "maybe you can be grateful for goals (like writing something you're grateful for each day on your blog) because it FORCES you to find the single good thing that occurred in a very bad day. I think you can do it."

She is so right. So today I am grateful for Jill who always seems to KNOW when I'm having a rough day. It's like she's psychic or has ESP or something. And of course she always has the right thing to say to me to help lift me up and encourage me.

We haven't always been close. I often think back to when we were kids and how we wasted so much time being "ugly" to each other. We tease our parents about how they used to get mad at us for not being nice to each other and now that we like each other, we get "in trouble" for liking each other too much! :)

Jill is my bestest friend. We talk every day. Sometimes multiple times a day. She is forever encouraging me to be me. She makes me feel good about who I am. She helps to calm me down and cheer me up. She helps me to find the good in my life. She helps make me feel like I am doing a good job even when I have a hard time seeing it. Everyone should have a support system like that. I love her like crazy and still look forward to the day when we can live next door to each other.

She is a beautiful woman, a fabulous wife, and a wonderful mom to her 3 cute kids!

4 comments:

The Horners said...

Agreed!!!

The Holyoaks said...

See! I knew you could do it. :)

Love you, too.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Love those pics of Jill!

I don't know what it's like to have a sister to fight with or to love, but I'm "grateful" that you do. Sorry you had a bad day...

Coordination Queen said...

I'm doing the same thing on my blog and I hit publish on accident before I had written anything. I got a phone call a few minutes later from my big sister asking me if I was having a gratitude problem already. :) Sisters are fabulous!