Today I am grateful for Veterans.
Tuesday Cori came home from school with this...
She asked if Pa or I were a soldier.
After I told her no, she said she had to take her card to our neighbors to ask if they were soldiers.
So she did.
No soldiers.
I proceed to tell her of all the people we knew who were "soldiers".
She was sad because none of them lived here for her to give the card to.
This morning she decided she wanted to make a smaller version of the card so we could send it to Papa in FL.
He was in the NAVY. We are very proud!
I hope he enjoys the new card (it took her several attempts to get it just right).
I am grateful for all those men and women who served or are serving to protect this country.

"I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me.
and I proudly stand up next you
and defend her still today.
Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God Bless the USA!"
That is my go to patriotic song. I just love it.
It gives me chills even when I'm singing it to myself so I can type out the words.
I am thankful for this country.
I am thankful for those who protect the freedoms we are so blessed to have.
I am thankful for the Scouts who get up early to put Flags out in front of all the houses in my neighborhood.
I am thankful for the veterans.

3 comments:
Cute flag handprint! I love me some veterans...brother Ben, Granddaddy, G'pa Fudge, my Uncle Bob survived Pearl Harbor, my Uncle Al survived Korea, my G'pa Harwell survived WWI, & we even have some Civil War Veterans in our family tree. Sooooo grateful.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets chills when they sing that song. I'm grateful for veterans too.
I LOVE that song too. :) Go Cori for wanting to share her appreciation!
Post a Comment