Friday, November 12, 2010

Gratitude {Day 12}

Today I am grateful for my Spiritual Self.
(and of course the picture I chose is so irreverent)

These last couple of years I have been so busy and overwhelmed with my beautiful children that I haven't noticed much of my spiritual self. I don't think "she" went anywhere I just think she was quieter than she has been in the past. I have missed her. There have been times when I thought she left but I know now she has just been patient. I so appreciate her patience! I have made a personal goal to get her back to the loud person she once was. I have been so happy to recognize her more in my life.
(I totally sound like I'm schizophrenic, I can assure you that I am not)


I am so thankful that I am beginning to feel the spirit more in my daily life and
that is a major blessing. It feels great!
I am thankful for opportunities to attend the temple.
I am thankful for the opportunity to teach Sunday school to a bunch of smarty pants teenagers.
I am thankful for the power of prayer.
I am thankful that i can study my scriptures.
I am thankful for the religious freedom I have.

3 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

You should start doing the Personal Progress program again. You will love it.

Much like I love your hair in that irreverent picture. I do my hair like that every day because I never have time to blow dry.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I love your spiritual self, too...I also love your irreverant self. :)

Anonymous said...

I love all of your posts about being grateful. This one made me tear up. Thank you for reminding me of MY spiritual self. You're beautiful!!