Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boo!

Our Halloween festivities began this Monday when I lost Jake!
He was playing with my neighbors cousins and when I watched them leave, I realized I hadn't seen Jake in awhile. I looked all over my house and couldn't find him. I tried to call my neighbor to see if maybe Jake had hopped in her car unnoticed. I couldn't get a hold of her so I walked next door to see if maybe he was in her back yard. I couldn't see him. Her back windows were open so I hollered inside... no answer. I walked back home to recheck my house again. I went through every room calling his name, looking under beds in closets. No such luck. I checked the back yard. No luck. I went back to my neighbors walked inside through the back door and searched her house. Nope, not there. I loaded the babies up and drove around the block. No where. I went back to the house, ran through it SCREAMING his name. No answer. I got back in my car and started knocking on the other neighbors door. Not home. Then the next house... no answer. As I started walking back to my car, my Neighbor Jackie stopped and asked if I was OK. I told her I couldn't find Jake. She went to my house while I drove around the block again... drove over by his school... Cori's school... the next neighborhood over. Nothing. Back to the house, and we just started going door to door asking all my neighbors. I went straight to his carpool friends house and asked if he was there. Called friends in the next neighborhood over, checked the park. Started FREAKING out! About an hour and a half had past since I started looking for him. I said a little prayer while driving through the area asking "if I could please find him in a stupid place". About a second later I got a call and 5 texts saying they found him... IN MY BED ASLEEP! I drove home grinning with embarrassment to find about 8 of my neighbors in my front yard and 5 others driving back to my house. and sweet little Jakey confused!
I. WAS. EMBARRASSED.
But I will take embarrassed any day over that sick feeling of having a missing child!

Later that day... Jake got a fever that explained, the unusual nap in my bed.
The fever lasted about 48 hours which included my favorite... Vomit!

Then Wednesday my parents rolled into town. :)
Dad had not been to our new home yet. (almost a year)
and we thought what a great weekend for them to come being
that Dad LOVES Halloween and I go all out!

Wednesday Lucie got sick.
Thursday Jason got sick as well as Cori which meant Cori
was not going to be going to her Halloween party at school!
Friday morning, I woke up sick!
and I was supposed to volunteer at Cori's Halloween Party at school.
Cori freaked out because she couldn't go to school so
we went to the store and got pumpkins to Carve.
Sick little girl was happy!


Sick little girl does not like pumpkin guts!

Grandpa's are GREAT!

Sick baby girl is feeling better.



Sick little boy was not feeling well and fell asleep while I was carving his pumpkin!

You can tell by his pink cheeks he has a fever, Poor kid!

Finished pumpkins all lit up. BOO!

Saturday after we did donuts and temple, Dad and Jared mountain biked...
we went to our Wards Block party.
Yes, our Wards BLOCK party!







We love our Madison!

Totally Responsible!

And then while we went Trick or Treating, G'ma and G'pa held down the fort!

Tonight we will stay in, eat some smoked Tritip with Uncle Dennis and pass out candy.

Until next year...
Happy Halloween Y'all!

10 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

You guys look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had a good time even though you had so many sickies!

Natalie Hall said...

Seriously!!! You guys rock!!! You always make everything so dang fun.

Sick kids, so sad.

Natalie Hall said...

Wait I have more.. I'm so sad he was sick, but so happy he was in your bed... Your mom and dad are the cutest, and they really go all out!!!

The Horners said...

I hope I never feel that sick "losing a kid" feeling. So glad he was safe. You guys look great! Love all of the costumes. Def put our costumes to shame. Glad everyone is feeling better... we are getting the sickies over here!

Leigh said...

I can't tell you how many times I have lost my kids. We've all been there, done that. Glad he was in a "stupid" place :) You guys totally killed it at the Halloween party. And BTW, how do you manage to not wear makeup and still look amazeballs??

Rochelle said...

Looks like a fun and colorful Halloween! Glad Jake was home and safe, but sorry you had to be so worried. I hate that feeling! I lose my kids all the time. Or should I say I lose CADE all the time.

Bassetts said...

LOVE the costumes! I've been waiting to find out what you were going to be! Turned out so stinkin cute!

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics! Sorry you had to have the 'bejesus' scared out of you!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Thanks for showing us such a good time. We enjoyed celebrating with you & glad everyone is feeling better.

Gpa Paul said...

It was my best Halloween "EVER". I really had a great time. But how can I miss with 4 fun loving, crazy grandbabies and you two who always have a smile on.

Love ya