Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gratitude {Day 13}

Today I am thankful for Temples.

Today we had the opportunity to attend the groundbreaking for the new Gilbert Arizona LDS Temple.
It was amazing!
Even when we were driving onto the lot, I felt an overwhelming since that this was "the right place". Even though it had not yet been dedicated, it was still a place of spirit and happiness.
It amazes me that even in a heavily populated LDS community, there is still a need for a Temple. It's exciting to me. It means that the LDS Church is growing. :) and this makes me happy.

Here are the kids standing in front of a picture of the New Temples design.
It is going to be a big Temple. and Beautiful.

This is the spot.

Families are Forever! :)


Breaking Ground!

"Establish a House, even a House of Prayer,
a House of Fasting, a House of Faith,
a House of Learning, a House of Glory,
a House of Order, a House of God"-D&C 109:8

I am thankful that we were close enough to participate in this ceremony.
I am thankful for Temples.
I am thankful that the work is still progressing.
I am thankful that my children will get to watch the Temple as it is built.
I am thankful that we will have the opportunity to attend the open house and dedication.
I am thankful that families can be together FOREVER.

4 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

This is SOOOOO exciting! What a neat experience for them! (for ALL of you)

love, lowry said...

I truly truly love your family. The last picture made my day. What a great experience. Love me some McGrath's!

The Horners said...

get outta town with ur cute boots.

Bassetts said...

So cool! So awesome you got to take your littles and remember that Families are Forever baby!