Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude {Day 2}

Today I am NOT grateful for this...

But I AM grateful for this...

and this...

and this...

and this...

Today I am grateful to be a Mom. I think I might be grateful for that every day but today I'm super grateful. Nothing major occurred today other than the baby midgets getting into the flour. This morning after we sent Cori to school, Jake asked Jared to get back in bed so he could snuggle him. I thought it was cute. After about 15 min I walked in my room to see Jake, Jason and Lucie all snuggled up next to Jared while watching Sprout TV ( I am NOT grateful for Caillou). I asked if I could join them. I jumped back into bed and Lucie snuggled right up to me, then Jason and I felt that overwhelming LOVE for my children. They make me feel so good. I love their happy faces. I love watching them learn new things. I love hearing them say they love me. I love hearing them play with each other. I love that I get to be home with them all day. I love their giggles. I love when they give me unexpected hugs. Ooooo... I just LOVE them!

I know that I am in the right place. I know that my Heavenly Father in trusted them to me. I know that it is a big responsibility to teach them all that they need to know in this world. I know that I can do hard things. I know that some days are difficult. I know that it's not always fun. I know that I am very, very blessed.

I am so grateful for this opportunity to raise these children in this time. I am grateful for all that my children have taught me about Life, Love, and Service. They are Wonderful. And my cup is full... and then some. :)

6 comments:

Madison said...

You ARE the LUCKIEST! I love those babies and you've done and are doing such an amazing job. :)

The Horners said...

I love those babies too and I miss them so much! Come visit us! SNOW is calling you, I just know it.

The Holyoaks said...

What cuties. I cannot believe that your children find ways to get a hold of things like flour. I am GRATEFUL nothing like that has happened to me (yet).

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Ooooooh, on that carpet? What a mess! Ben & Jill got into the baby powder like that - Ben dumped it on Jill's head, she looked like a ghost - but at least they were on the tile. Never a dull moment at your house. Glad you are able to see that the blessings out-weigh the trials. Hang in there!

jamie said...

Sorry you had to watch Caillou....as you recall from Facebook, I have a very strong dislike for that cartoon.

Middleton said...

I love having you and your kids in my life. SOmetimes I feel like the only one who has stuff like this happen. Yesterday I got in my car and Baking Soda was covering my seat???

Your babies are super precious - I'm glad you know your blessed!