Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter


On a Golden Springtime,
Jesus Christ awoke
and left the tomb where he had lain;
the bands of death he broke.
Awake, Awake, O sleeping world!
Look upward to the light,
For how all men may live again.
Look upward to the light.

Children's Songbook #88


I have a testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for the Saviors example and especially for the atonement! I know that Jesus Christ is my elder brother and I look forward to when I can see him face to face.

This holiday was much better than last months holiday!
We had a visit from the Easter Bunny which was a bigger deal than I thought it would be. I at least tried to down play the bunny business however with Cori attending school, it's been bunny this and bunny that for the last week. It's ok though, its all fun anyways. 


We had a wonderful time at Church this morning. I even got to participate in the choir during Sacrament Meeting. Jared was left alone to control the babies for 60 seconds while I sang. I'm happy to announce that he survived! 
Here are our Easter Frocks...
I wanted to make the girls dresses bright and fun this year and they turned out... bright and fun!

Seriously, how much personality can you get in one picture! She's a riot! When I look at this pic, I get a glimpse into her as a teenager. Sassy pants!

Cori helped me pick out the fabric. She liked hers until she saw this sparkly pink fabric that had life size Disney Princesses on it (for making a quilt). She begged and cried so I gave in and bought it. I will make a play dress out of it which will have headless Princesses on it. Will post pics when I finish it... IF I finish it! Anyways, Gotta love seersucker! The easiest fabric to sew! JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby have been getting the cutest seersucker spring prints the last couple of years! Love it! I knew I wanted to go with purple and was happy to find these fabrics.

The boys... I feel bad because there really isn't much out there for boys with out paying an arm and a leg and an eyeball for it! It's not like I would dare make them anything either. I guess I could have made some ties. I will do better next year. But really... do I need to doll these boys up? No They are too handsome as it is!

My boys are NOT interested in taking pictures!
and of course... this is the best we could do for a family picture. It works, right?
Cori and I did a little bit of this...


and this...
They are supposed to be Easter eggs however they don't really look like em. They were very good though and fairly easy. You can't go wrong with rice crispy treats!

And of course a hunt for eggs. Which I think is a weird tradition. Anyone know why we do this? Don't get me wrong, it's fun but weird! The kids loved it though.
Cori had to count hers to make sure she had the most (slightly competitive). She had 20 but somehow counted 57!?
Jared even hid a couple for me. He told me there were grown up things in mine. I won't lie, I got really excited. I was thinking diamonds, jewelry, maybe a big yellow house but...

no such luck! I was lied to.

But it's ok... I love him anyways!
Jared is so AWESOME! (said in Rhino's voice)
We have watched BOLT one too many times this week!

Anyways, we hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

5 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

cute. you are very fashion fashion forward. and i only know that because I AM and i have that navy sweater with the flowers.

The Horners said...

I love your Easter dress! Cute dresses for the girls and the boys look handsome like always, including Jared. Happy Easter!!!

Middleton said...

Love the dresses you made the girls - so cute. But I have to say your dress is my favorite! ANd of course the boys are looking as handsome as ever.

Coordination Queen said...

What do you sew for boys anyway? I'm going to need some suggestions soon. :) Good job on the dresses, very cute!

The Kilcreases said...

We missed you guys too at Easter! Cori is growing up too fast! Cute pics of her.