Well, I didn't get my act together for a visit from the Leprechaun but the babies are young enough not to know the difference (I think). I will start all holiday traditions next year. We did however manage the wearing of green.
Don't we look Irish?
Here are some things we have been doing...
Jason has begun to take his role as a big brother seriously. He was so kind to feed Lucie her bottle the other morning. What a big helper!
I did a little sewing with some scrap material. I thought they turned out cute.
Lucie had a fever. I promise she liked the dress!
Lucie turned 9 months, without permission! I'm a little upset about her decision to get older but I am enjoying the process.
She is taking steps and standing well. I keep knocking her on her butt so she'll stop trying to progress. It's not working and she is on the verge of a major milestone.
We went to the zoo... it was wild.
I tried to leave a couple of kids, but the zookeeper wouldn't let me. This was our 2nd trip. This time we got one of these cool bikes. I would love to have one of these!
***I interrupt this happy post to announce that my children are LEPRECHAUNS! Here I am several hours later and have changed my tune! The green boogers that I call children have flipped personalities and have destroyed any hopes for a lucky day. see evidence below...


Somebody broke the piano! I walked out to find Cori trying to glue it on with a glue stick!
note to self: do not go to bathroom alone, do not get dressed alone, do not leave children unattended for any length of time (even if it was only for 2 minutes)... it's not worth it! These animals are not house broken yet, instead, they break your house! PLEASE help me St. Patrick!!!
***It's now 2 days later and I finally feel motivated to finish this post. St. Patty's Day didn't get any better. After I wrote the above paragraph I got sick. Really sick! So I officially dislike St. Patrick's Day! Jared arrived home from work to the above mess and a wife cuddled up on the bathroom floor. He was trying to figure out what the heck happened! I think he got the point that I was out numbered and the kids DEFINITELY won! So he loaded up the babies and went to the gym. He was so sweet and said on his way out the door, "Don't worry about dinner or cleaning up, I'll take care of it when I get home". I love him! I took a quick nap and when I woke up I felt a lot better. I cleaned up the mess that the Leprechauns made and when they got home we made leftovers. What a day!
Now here are some funnies from my children...
Cori
I took Cori with me on "a date" (her favorite thing to do these days is to be taken on a date). We went to the Mesa Temple to walk around. While we were there, we saw a bride all dressed up for her bridal photos. She was lovely. I was excited to take Cori a little closer because I knew she would love to see her. As we were walking up closer she says "Mom, it's just like Giselle!" (from Enchanted). I thought that was so cute.
On this unlucky St. Patty's Day, the next two Cori-isms occurred...
While I was lying on the floor in pain from being sick, the pool guy shows up in the back yard. Cori gets excited and sits on the couch and watches him through the window. She says, "Mom there's the guy in the pool"
me- "great"
she continues to watch
me- "do you like him?"
Cori- "yeah"
me- "do you think he's cute"
Cori looks at me confused then roles her eyes
me- " Cori, do you think he's handsome?"
Cori- after a long pause "yeah, maybe when I get bigger like you I can dance with him"
I died laughing.
We watched a movie together on the Disney Chanel while the other 3 were asleep. It was a silly movie about 2 sisters who are on a basketball team. Anyways, one of the girls hurts her ankle and has to use crutches.
me- "oh, that's sad"
Cori- "maybe when I get bigger like you, i can hurt my leg and I can use leg sticks like this"
she then gets up and does an interpretive dance of hurting her ankle and using legs sticks. TOO FUNNY!
Jake
He has been referring to himself as "Yakey"
"Way fo me Co-we"
"So, Big, Heavy"
"Come on brudder"
Jakey has a bit of a temper and this is an example of how he deals with it. Cori and Jake were playing which of course led to a fight. Cori was laughing and Jake was mad which leads me to believe that she was teasing or pestering and provoking. She is laying down on the floor and I look over when I hear angry grunting coming from Jake. Just as I look over I see Jake midair as he jumps and belly flops on Cori! Total WWF style! Of course I played the role of the Ref and sent them to their corners for a timeout. I don't approve of this kind of behavior but I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud cause it was truly one of the funniest things I have seen!
Thanks to one of my sisters creative ideas, Jake is officially potty training. It took a little bribery but it worked. We had 2 jars one filled with m&m that said Pee on it. and the other filled with, hostess cupcakes, gushers and cars fruit snacks, this jar said poop. He pees, he gets M&M's he poops he gets a big treat. You get the picture... he FINALLY poops in the toilet and gets a treat. He of course picks the chocolate hostess cupcake. He is sitting at the counter enjoying his treat when Jared walks in. Jakey says, "Pa look, poop in toilet, get poopy cake, oh boy" They have since been called poopy snacks. Silly boy!
And my favorite...you know you have successfully potty trained your son when you got to the park and look over and your boy has taken off his pants, and underwear and with legs spread and squatting, you see him peeing on the playground while laughing! And of course, the immature parents that we are, we look at each other and start laughing too! Oh, little boys!
So there you have it. This was a 3 day long process to blog this update so I hope it is appreciated. I am feeling a bit more positive today. I think I'm gonna take my kids for a walk.

12 comments:
Love it. The stories are even funnier the second time. Miss you guys!
You gotta love those leprechauns...they keep you searching for that "pot of gold," don't they? :) No worries, they do grow up & leave home way too soon!
Love the St. Patty's day! So unfortunate. Good thing they are so dang cute!
You have quite the comical life. I'm glad you can laugh and take the pics to enjoy it after.
I got a good laugh out of that. And I think Jake and Aiden would get along wonderfully and get into enormous amounts of trouble together... I guess I get to look forward to him teaching the new one all of the tricks.
This was so funny! I'm glad others are with me on this whole house training the kids process. Thanks for sharing!!!!
I am going to have to try that potty training tick too! (sigh) Here we go again!
You crack me up! Literally!! I loved reading this. I can't even tell you how many times I laughed out loud. And I might try the potty training pee & Poop jars. does it really work?!!
Cindi- Thanks for the laughs - no, really. I teared up. And thanks for the potty training ideas. I need some motivation for Carter. Glad to see you guys are doing well. You're thought of often.
Probably my favorite post ever!
ok...that pic of Luci is adorable...she is changing so much!
I'm dying laughing right now!!! I have those days too, and I only have 2 trouble makers at the moment!! :)
Post a Comment