Photo by: Cori
We had the Sister Missionaries over for Dinner last night and we enjoyed their company. I didn't sign up when I saw the list passed around last Sunday because I knew that Jared would be out of town. Through out the past week I received an email from our Relief Society President asking if anyone could feed the Sisters on Friday. I again ignored the email. A couple of days later, I received another email from the RS President asking again for someone to feed the Sister Missionaries. I felt so bad that they had to ask us so many times. I kept thinking about my Sisters and Brother who served missions and hoped that they were fed on their missions. So I volunteered asking if it was ok that my Husband was out of town. The RS President reassured me that It was fine.
As I was preparing ahead of time, I told Cori that she needed to help me pick up because the Missionaries were coming over for dinner. She got a big grin on her face and asked if she could show them her room. I told her she could if it was clean. I then told her about how these are "Sister Missionaries, Girls" and she looked at me and said, "how about boys AND girls?" I said "not this time, just girls". She looked at me again and said, "I can't believe that!" rolled her eyes, turned and walked away. I wasn't sure what that meant but once they arrived Cori was thrilled! (Boy Crazy at 4? Who did she get this from?)
It was nice to visit with Sister Collette and Sister Brown. I don't think I have ever had Sisters over but I enjoyed the conversation we had. They shared the following scripture with me and I wanted to share it with you...
Ether 12:27
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
I don't think the Sisters realized the magnitude of how I needed to hear that scripture and I am SO thankful that I had the opportunity for them to join us for dinner because I feel like Heavenly Father really needed me to hear this scripture!
I was able to FINALLY go to the Temple this week which made my day (thanks Alexa). While I was there I said a pray and hearing this scripture last night was an answer to my prayer. It's been a long year and I feel that I am finally starting to feel normal again but in a totally different way. I am a different person now but I am really enjoying who I have become. This past year has been a struggle, one of the HARDEST years of my life, a major life lesson, as well as a blessing. Through this year I have come to recognize one (of many) weaknesses and have been humbled. I am so grateful for this Church, this Gospel and my Savior! I know that my Heavenly Father is with me at all times even when I feel that I am alone, He is still there because He loves me. He wants me to be happy and to reach my divine potential. I KNOW that through Him, all things are possible! I appreciate the support of my family and friends both near and far. I can never thank you enough for the prayers on my family and my behalf. I've been touched by your love. Prayers ARE answered, not always in the time frame you are hoping for but with a little faith, humility, and patience you will see many blessings. He works in mysterious ways, who knew that by me simply feeding the missionaries that it would be an answer to a prayer? The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings me so much joy and comfort and has helped make me a better person. I can actually say that I am happy and content, I've come a long way!
So I have made a promise to myself to heed to the advice of Gordon B. Hinckley's Father to...
Whatever that work may be. For me my work is to be a MOM. It's not an easy task but it comes with great blessings!

4 comments:
I love you, Cindirella!
Amen Sista!!
you're nerdy and awesome. glad you support the sistas
I liked this post... good stuff. Great scripture too.
Post a Comment