Monday, April 6, 2009

Visitors: May 26-April 5, 2009

We had a couple 3 (6) visitors this past week and we had a great time! Kristin and Allie flew in first and we jumped right into activities with a trip to the train park and Cafe Rio.


Friday, Grammie, Poppie, Nana and Papa flew in and our adventures began. Saturday morning, we got up, got some donuts and went to the temple to walk the grounds.
The Mesa Temple is where Papa was sealed to his parents and sister.


Sunday afternoon, we drove up to the Grand Canyon
It was WINDY & FREEZING!
There was even snow outside our hotel!
Sunday was also Papa's 78th Birthday!
Happy Birthday Papa, We LOVE You!
Monday we drove the south rim stopping and hiking along the way. It was AMAZING! I know I've done the Grand Canyon as a kid but I appreciate it's beauty much more now that I am almost a grown up. Here Kristin and I are being grown ups and being funny...

stupid...

and stupid-er!!!
We drove on the outskirts of the Painted Desert, through Flagstaff and through the Oak Creek Canyon (which was awesome) and finally made it to Beautiful Sedona, AZ. WOW!!! The kids did great.
 
Here is the view outside our hotel. Bonita!
The 1st Hike of the day.
Here is Jake seconds before he fell onto a cactus!
Aunt Kristin Pickin' the stickers out of his BUTT! OUCH!
making sure she got them all.
At the top of our 1st hike. Jake did great! You can see our cars way down there!
everyone did a little bit of rock climbing including Nana and Papa. and of course when nature called...we answered!
She's got her mothers humor! Love it!
A family that hikes together...
LAUGHS a LOT!
Thug Life!
Here is a picture of the bridge I did not see until after I forced Allie and Kristin to walk over it for a snapshot! Allie was not happy about it but she did it! I was so proud of her! Even Poppie was a little nervous about it.
We made it! I've got some good little hikers in my family.

We had such a great time! I'm so glad we got to go see this part of Arizona. I believe more than ever now that there was thought and planning behind the creation of this world! It is amazing to experience the beauty of our creator! 

Sorry this took so long to update... between Kristin, Grammie and I, we somehow managed to take about 700 pictures! It took awhile to go through and decide which to show you!

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Those pictures are beautiful! What a beautiful place. It looks like y'all had fun... I think my favorite line in the whole post was about you being an almost grown up. :)

The Holyoaks said...

a couple 3 - hahahahaha

The Horners said...

Looks like you guys had fun! They are getting so big!