Cori's Tumbling Recital is coming up and they had Pictures last week in their new Leos.
We were instructed to have their hair and makeup done. So I did.
She looked so cute! We were a little late getting there because we had swim lessons right before.
When she walked in she immediately noticed that she was the only one NOT wearing the ugly scrunchie that came with the leo. Seriously... What is it with leos and scrunchies?
So of course, she cut me a look!
They had their pictures and then practiced their routine afterwards.
She is doing really well. After practice we get in the car and Cori falls apart!
BREAK. MY. HEART.
I asked her what was wrong and through her tears she told me
that a little girl in her class told her she looked fake!
UUUUGGGHHHH! Really? I'm dealing with this already?
I felt so bad. It was hard to console her.
I wanted to tell her about how sometimes others are jealous of us so they make fun of us to make themselves feel better. But I didn't want to go there yet, gosh, she's 6!
So I just said that wasn't very nice was it, and I just let her get her tears out.
When we got home I told her that she looked real to me and that I think she is beautiful and asked if I could take some pictures of her. Lucky for me, she agreed.
and BTW- she's the only one in her class that can do a back walk over ALL BY HERSELF!
My Cori, you are beautiful inside and out. I hope that you know how special you are to me. You made me a Mom and that is REAL! I love you so much and I'm so very proud of you! You are a beautiful daughter of a Heavenly King and I hope you can feel HIS love too. Be happy pretty girl.
Love you forever, Mom




9 comments:
Aw, how sad! Kids can be so mean sometimes. Cori is SO pretty and sweet. How sad that her feelings were so hurt. I love her so much... she really is so pretty!
This made me smile/get a little teary eyed. What a lucky little girl to have a mom that tells her just the right things. She is adorable!
Mean People Stink! It is sooooo hard to see our children's feelings hurt - it's way worse than physical pain! (It doesn't get any better as they grow up either - but I always prayed that my children would NOT be one of those Mean People who say hurtful things to others. (Saying mean things to others is way worse than having mean things said to you.)
Oh Cindi...That just breaks my heart for Cori. Why do kids have to say such mean things? Why does a 6 year old already know how to say hurtful things? I ditto the other comment made: I'm so glad Cori has you for a mom to tell her how beautiful and loved she truly is. BTW, those pictures were adorable! It brought back many memories of dance pictures and poses...oh the joy of getting to wear mascara and feeling so "grow'd up!"
So sad. I love being a mom. But it is hard when all I want to do is knock the kids down who are mean to mine. :)
Amen to everything you said to her and about her. what causes children or adults to belittle another is very very sad.
Oh no no no no! And I told you, "No one wears those stupid scrunchies!" You can blame it all on me. She is such a little gem.
This post made me cry a little bit. Being a girl is so hard, and kids can be so cruel. I love how you handled it. You are the best mom. :)
Oh no! Girls are so mean sometimes. As a parent it's the hardest thing, to watch them hurt, knowing it's going to happen again and again and there is nothing we can do to protect them. You are a good mom... she'll make it because of that!
And BTW - I'm glad she let you take more pictures of her. She looks so cute! and so big!
Post a Comment