This is my ABSOLUTE favorite song. I listen to it almost every day.
It's helped me embrace the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I know that I was part of His suffering and that He did it for me because He loves me.
I've been given a beautiful gift from a loving Heavenly Father as well as the Perfect Big Brother.
I am LOVED and it feels great.
Gethsemane by Kenneth Cope (Lyrics below)
Me in heaven, You on earth
You're in the garden
And Your heavy burden is growing worse
I weep for You, Jesus
My poor Jesus
I'm so sorry to make You cry
But I'm far from like You
And all my sins, Lord, demand this price
I wish that I could come to You
And wipe away the blood
And then I'd bear Your cross, Lord
If I could
But I'm up here
And You're down there, Jesus
My poor Jesus
I'm so sorry to make You die
But, please, for me, Jesus
Die
Now Lord Jesus
You're in heaven and I'm on earth
Now it's my turn
And my little burden is getting worse
I weep for me, Jesus
Oh kind Jesus
I keep trying to win this fight
But I just can't change me
I need Your grace, Lord
Please provide
I wish that I could run to You
And all of this would end
If I could see Your face
Have You close again
But You're up there
And I'm down here, Oh Jesus
My Lord Jesus
If You've got time to spend with me tonight
Then fly to me, Jesus
Fly
I hope that amongst the Easter Bunny Hoopla we can remember what Easter is all about.
Happy Easter!
6 comments:
i heard this song for the first time while i was serving my mission. It had a profound effect on me then, and still does today. Thanks for posting this. - michael
That is really beautiful. I've never heard this one, thanks for sharing.
beautiful words
I love this song too! Happy Easter! Love you and see you soon!
What a beautiful song. Thanks for sharing!
Wonderful
Post a Comment