Thursday, April 14, 2011

A man of Iron

I know, I know... I left kind of a BIG cliff hanger.
You've all been waiting with extreme anticipation for The Man's Ironman STATS.

Well he didn't die... which is the best part.
He finished... which I had expected him to do.
I managed to twist my ankle as a spectator but no one should be surprised by that.
I are CLUMSY.
He had no major complications.
He did GREAT!

He was hoping to complete the 70.3 miles in 6 hours and 30 minutes but he did even
BETTER than that finishing in 5 hours, 55 minutes and 9 seconds!!!
GO The Man!

It was a gloomy day but great for the athletes!

Getting PUMPed up!

Slightly Nervous

I have tons of pics of him swimming but this one was fun because of the seals who swam with them.

Fresh out of the cold water!

Transition station


Both bike pics are crap cause he was going so fast. But at least I found him!
Starting the bike...

finishing the bike...

starting the run...

and his big finish!!!


(this is not the correct time)


"If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter."

Jared's Mom does quite a bit of Tri's herself so it was great having her there.
Next year Grammie?


After dieting for about 6 months, his only request after the race was to have a Burger at In N out.
This is MY kind of celebration!
Life doesn't get much better than that!

When we got home, Cori asked if he won his race and we told her yes.
So if she asks, just go along with it!
So proud of my Ironman!

8 comments:

The Horners said...

That burger looks delish! Way to go Jared! I think that's so awesome!!!

Adam and Laurin said...

WOW that is awesome!

The Holyoaks said...

What a stud! I like the athletic supporter comment. So true!

Gina Deceuster said...

Go Jared. You rock.

Tracy Haws said...

Congratulations on not only finishing, but on beating your time too! That is amazing!

Bassetts said...

Woot woot! Go Jared! I'm so impressed especially that he kept a strict diet. I don't know if I could do that. And I know I would definitely want me some In N Out too!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

This is so impressive! i have a new respect for you, Jared. I have always known you are a great athlete, but this is just incredible to me. Kudos.

Gpa Paul said...

He did win. Everyone who just completes that and is still verticle is a winner.