Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Woman.... WO-MAN!

I'm a fun loving gal. I like to have fun. I like to be silly and at times obnoxious.
I like to embarrass my sisters and mother and I'm quite good at it too!

With that said, here is Women's Conference 2011 in pictures...

I got to meet and snuggle my new nephew Jude Ty Horner.
He is DELICIOUS!

he also loves me... because I'm so gentle and nurturing.

Oh the Marriott Center... what a glorious occasion to be surrounded by so many women
on a mission to have there cups filled.
Such a beautiful spirit was felt in this arena... LOVE IT!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my family!

Dear Christi, I'm sorry for bugging you! :)

I ate too much Kettle corn but man oh man was it so good!


I've got talents...


Cafe Rio!


More snuggles from Jude

my favorite... baby stretches!

it was late...

my smolder...

my 4 head...

my sister...

So glad Jared's sister flew out from FL

and loved seeing LL!

Loved hearing from Elder Bednar and his wife!

Saturday before we parted ways, we hit up Taipan and then went to Sushi.

So Glad that Terri and Jude were able to join us. She is a trooper!

On our way out we saw Tim Gun. I waved and said, "make it work" and he pretended not to hear me.

The Theme this year couldn't have been more perfect for me "By Small and Simple Things are Great things brought to pass." I LOVED that Virginia H. Pearce shared her little reminder she keeps close by, "Keep it small, Keep it Simple and Give it time". I needed to hear those simple Words of Wisdom.

What always amazes me about WC is you tend to hear what you are looking to hear. I went to many different classes with different topics but overall, I heard the underlying theme of 3 things... have Charity, be Patient and have Faith. Heard it in every class and from every speaker. Those 3 things are why I needed to go to WC. I went with a prayer in my heart and I believe that if I can do those three things than I will be blessed. I was reminded over and over again that my Heavenly Father is aware of me. What a comfort that is to know and feel that my Heavenly Father knows exactly what I struggle with and to know that He is ALWAYS with me, I just have to remember Him.

My Favorite class (the one I almost didn't go to because I was being lazy) was "He has Borne Our Griefs, and Carried Our Sorrows" The Power of the Atonement. WOW! what a class! I learned so much! I was reminded that my Savior and His atoning Sacrifice is my goal. How I take the Atonement and make it the center of my life, how I can weave the Sacrament into my everyday life, and how I can see the Sabbath day for what it really is. I feel very much like attending this class was a tender mercy from the Lord. And right in front of me He laid my answer.

I am truly overcome with Love and appreciation for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to attend Women's Conference and be surrounded by my family and dear friends. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ that was restored to the earth through Joseph Smith. And I am indeed grateful that our Heavenly Father has not forsaken us and has blessed us on this earth with a living Latter day Prophet such as President Thomas S. Monson. I believe him to be a Prophet, Seer and Revelator and I am grateful for his counsel and guidance.

Lastly I'm so thankful that Jared was willing to watch the kids for me so that I might go and be inspired by the spirit. My Cup is now full and I feel that I have gained the strength that I needed to carry on. I'm glad he got to spend that time with our kids and that he got a little taste of what my job entails! :) He did great and the kids were at every event and practice that they were supposed to be at. What a man!

Sisters & Mom (& Dad)... I love your guts and am already looking forward to next year!

6 comments:

The Horners said...

It appears you did do your hair throughout the weekend. Every time I saw you it was in a bun on top of your head. Glad you had a good time and glad I got to see you! Love you!

The Horners said...

.... and the second pic is my fav.

The Holyoaks said...

You are so funny. I love your obnoxious self. Thanks for coming!

Gpa Paul said...

Feel fortunate to see all of you there and listen to your feelings. Love your guts too.

Christi said...

Cindi, I love you!!! I had so much fun hanging out with you guys. Also, my mom said she would love to come teach everyone how to make tamales. I've asked her to bring some books in spanish when she comes so you can entertain us after dinner by reading to everyone in Spanish! :p

Rebecca said...

Your family has always made me wish I had sisters. I'm so glad my Lydia gets a sister. My plan is to force them to be cute, loving sisters like the Middleton/Carters.