Sunday, March 21, 2010

My cup is half FULL! Hooray!

Today I have come to recognize the "tender mercies" that I have been blessed with this past week. Spring Break was No Bueno! Not a fan of staying home... but I survived. Life has it's ups and downs and this week started off with me feeling the down part... a lot. (wah... wah... wah... I know) Well, had I not known any better and spent my week sulking, I would not have picked up on a couple of incidents that made my heart very happy.

This little girl...
is such a sweet spirit!
Earlier this week, I over heard Cori practicing her Testimony. The first Sunday of every month we attend Fast and Testimony meeting where we are blessed to hear and feel the spirit as testimonies are shared. Cori really wants to share her testimony but I told her that she has to be able to go up and do it all by herself. It was so cute to hear her as she is preparing herself to do just that. I am so proud of her.

Cori also came running to me yesterday excited to share with me what had just happened to her. She said, "Mom guess what? I was looking for my ring and I couldn't find it ANYWHERE... so I knelt down and prayed to Jesus for Jesus to help me find my ring... and He did! I found it on the bean bag... Isn't that GREAT!?"

As a Mom who was feeling pretty down in the dumps about life in general, what a simple reminder to me that My Heavenly Father Loves me! It is so challenging at times to make sure that you are teaching your children all that they need... I was blessed to see this week that even though I struggle and make mistakes that we are still headed in the right direction. I am so grateful to have a daughter who at the tender age of 5 is able to ask a blessing when she needs help or to have the desire to share her testimony. These my friends are "tender mercies" in my life and I am so grateful to feel of His love!


Other hilights from this week included...

Spring Break= Jammies worn all day

We took LOTS of bike rides, lots of picnics, and lots of park time.

We also got into lotion...

all over ourselves... our baby sister... and mom's bathroom...

One of Jared's Docs invited us to go to The Lincoln Ball.
A Charity event for one of the Hospitals in North PHX.
We got to get all dolled up and I made sure our sitter snapped a picture of us.

it was like we were going to Prom!
We had a great time checking out everything in the silent auctions and dancing the night away.

This afternoon Jared found a new Home Teaching companion...

Jake was very excited to go and promised that he would "sit rev-went-e-ly" while Jared gave the message.

and this little guy was...

NOT happy...

about being left behind...

It's hard being too short in the legs!

Hugs to all and looking forward to the start of a brand new week!

10 comments:

Gpa Paul said...

You are doing the right thing and you are doing a really good job. I am glad Cori helped you realize it. Great prom picture but the best were Sad Jason.

love, lowry said...

I love you guys and you are wonderful examples to us on raising a family in the gospel. I love love love your prom pictures, you look gorgeous! I miss Cori girl,so sweet!

Larsen's! said...

so cute! So happy you're doing so well - and you look beautiful!!! And yes, those little experiences with Cori are definitely "pay-offs" to mom and dady for all the times you don't think anything you say is sinking in!!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Smokin' hot prom pix! Tell Jason I could use some of that lotion - he can come & Home Teach me anytime(Jake looks awfully cute takin' care of business with Dad. Tell Cori to call me on SightSpeed & she can practice her testimony with me...love it!

The Horners said...

Um you look absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm serious Cindi, so breath taking! How can I get my hair to look like yours. Get ready to teach me in a few weeks!

Elisa said...

You love GORGEOUS!! So glad you could get out for an evening of adult time!

Therena Taylor & Family said...

Oh, i hope you are doing ok too, Cindi!!! I would love to get together, but unfortunately it would only be me- Taylor has moved out and we are getting divorced. Love the prom dress!!!!

Natalie Hall said...

They breaks my heart watching him cry at the door, what a darling kiddo....

Ok lady, you looked so dang classy, stunning and gorgeous!!!! And your hair!!! oh my, it looked fabulous!! Your hubby also looked great, we don't want to leave him out... What a fun night. I'm so glad you had an evening out dressed up like a princess...

Adam and Laurin said...

We have spring break at the end of the month and I am dreading it!! Oh and the lotion thing we have been there done that, however my monsters decided to finger paint with it all over the walls and then "try" to clean it up with nail polish remover...someday we will laugh at the crazy things they did. I'm so glad you post about them becuase I seriiously feel like my kids are sooo naughty but seeing that other kids do it to makes me feel better. I hope your week gets better!

Tiffany said...

Cindi I love your posts. You are so sweet, and your kids are simply ADORABLE!!!