Monday, March 22, 2010

Becoming Provident Providers

Jared and I have been reminded over and over again this year to live providently.
It has been a blessing for us as we have struggled and tried our best to do so.
In one of the many classes we attended, we watched this clip from SNL.
(click on Picture to view clip)

IMAGINE That!!!
Hahahaha... it's so interesting how we all need to be reminded of this simple concept.

The next clip I viewed last week and I remember this talk from Conference and
really appreciated the way he spoke about being content with in our means.
I am thankful for his wife's simple example and hope that I can be more like her.

I'm beginning to see why this message has been taught over and over again in helping us
to prepare for our future as well as our families future.
I hope that we can take these examples and apply them to our lives so that we can
be prepared for whatever comes our way.

4 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

That was a great one! I hadn't seen it yet but I always think those messages are for me.

As for the SNL skit . . . my brother in law and I acted that out for their Elder's Quorum lesson one time. It was pretty funny. I'm a wonderful actress.

Middleton said...

The SNL skit is played at our church each year when we go over this topic. This is an area we are really focusing on in our family and since you know the old me, you know what a struggle it has been. It can be a daily battle but one I am super determined to win. Thanks for sharing!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the SNL skit!!! But the words of the prophets pierces me, "do not spend money for that which is of no value or cannot satisfy."

Gpa Paul said...

Provident Providers has been a topic alot in my household. Glad you are paying attention early in life. We all need to learn and be reminded.