We have 6 Orange trees in our yard.
They are delicious!
It was time for us to pick them,
so the kids and I spent 5 hours outside on Tuesday and
we were only able to pick 3 and a half trees before the sun went down.
The idea was that I would do most of the picking and
the kids would pick the oranges up and put them in the wagon or bucket.
Jake lasted a whole 20 minutes.
Cori did pretty good, but she was more interested in using the fruit picker.
The fruits of our labor...
Cori, ORANGE you glad to help Mom?
"I don't want to pick up the oranges"- said in the most pitiful whining voice known to man!
Trying not to smile after I mocked his whining.
Jake, Mom's good at whining too!
Distracting my attention from not making fun of him.
Jake, ORANGE you glad I'm your Mom?
It is irritating to see how little progress you can make in just 5 hours.
and how much your neck hurts from looking up for 5 hours!
Especially when your Husband comes home from work and says,
"you were out here for 5 Hours?"
But I was playing the roles, of Gardner and Mom at the same time. No easy task!
The next day Jared picked oranges for a whole 15 minutes before he paid one of the neighbor kids to pick the last 2 trees.
We didn't keep too many, the rest were donated to a local Food Bank.
13 comments:
That is a ton of freakin' oranges!! Yum! Hey, my m-i-l Sherie(noah's grandma) used to love looking at your ever so entertaining blog. But now you're private and she no longer can partake. Just wondering if you would invite her? We were talking about it last night and she was sad she hasn't been able to get on. Only if you want, but she's not a psycho. kdanjanovich@beyondbb.com
and are you thinking you'll be able to do a girls weekend in Vegas? We totally need to. Even if only a few of us can come.
Yum! We are sooooo missing our orange tree in San Jose! We just can't get them to grow here...we have officially given up trying between the deer & the freeze temps at night in the winter - they just can't survive. If you're ever inclined - that would be a welcome birthday present! :) I'm just sayin...
PS - I'm lovin' Coco's outfit!
Wow! I wondered throughout the entire post what on EARTH you did with all those oranges! Phew, now I know.
Geez! I love oranges! I still remember that one year we had great oranges at hyde park. Cute little Jakey!
It was more than ONE year T-dolly!
Remember when Amy said, "Ew! I would never eat an orange off a tree!" That is a historically hilarious family quote. Amy, I really hope you read this and remember when you said that. Hahaha!
Just did a quick catch up. Cute bows! Extremely CUTE kids. Love the sailor dress and Lucie's curls. Those oranges look delicious. It would have taken me much longer to pick them :)
I hereby refuse to participate in the corny jokes, I would like to think I am a bit more oranginal.
Miss our old orange tree but miss those pickers even more. Give them hugs.
so cute - and beautiful oranges - do they taste better than Floridas?
Lesson learned - have your husband work first and then he will just hire someone and you don't have to be mom and gardner at the same time but look at the cute photos we would have missed. I will have to remember this lesson this summer, if we ever get warm weather.
I love that second picture of Jake's face! Classic. I get that look a lot. Those oranges look yummy.
I'm sooo jealous!!! I want orange trees!! make some yummy fresh OJ
Post a Comment