Friday, January 1, 2010

Southern Folks in the Desert

We were happy to have some family join us the day after Christmas. They were ready to party so we hopped to it. My nephew Kohl is just as into trains as Jake is so they wanted to take him up to Williams, AZ to ride the Grand Canyon Railway. Its a 2 hour and 15 min train ride from Williams to the GC and you spend a couple hours at the Canyon and then a 2 hr and 15 min train ride back to Williams. It might have been a small fortune but it was a fun trip!



Lucie and Brooks staying warm

If I would have known that they were still doing the Polar Express, I would have done that in stead! It looked like so much fun! Maybe next year...

This boy LOVES trains!!!

Baby it's cold outside!



our entertainment on the way to the Canyon


Precious... what am I going to do with you?

This Kid drives me nuts! Such a stink but so funny!


The kids loved the Snow! I couldn't keep them out of it!



The Canyon was FRIGGIN" COLD!





waking up from a nap on the floor of the restaurant



on the way back to Williams we were robbed


and then saved by the trusty Sheriff

Lucie and Jason were driving me bonkers the entire day! So the next morning, when we woke up and the boogers were still being fuss buckets, I packed their butts up in the car and drove them home! (I've learned to quit while I'm still sane.) Cori and Jake stayed with the rest of the gang and got to go sledding in Flagstaff and then hiking in Sedona.

We brought in the year "twenty ten" with a wild and crazy toddler party! Well... almost...

It included a countdown at 10 seconds to 8pm New Years Eve, a cookie, and I very small glass of martinelli's! I know, we're stingy, but we were tired and they needed to go to bed. And most of us followed behind shortly.

we made noise


we made a toast

said "cheers" a thousand times!

drank up



and enjoyed each other



As we begin this NEW year, I am reminded of the many blessings our family has recieved over this last year. I am extremley Thankful to my Husband for his courage. I am amazed at his hard work and never ending love for me and our kids. It's been a CRAZY year that I know I wouldn't have survived with out my Husband by my side. Jared you are such a ROCK STAR!!!

I'm thankful for my children and the MANY lessons they have helped me recognize this year. It's amazing how so many disasterous moments I have come to cherish because they have helped me be a little more patient and a little more wiser! You kids keep me on my toes!

I am lucky to have the support of a Loving Heavenly Father who has helped me every step of the way.

As for the year 2010... Bring it on! I'm ready for whatever comes my way! I have many goals for this year which I'm sure I will only accomplish a few but at least I'm aiming high. I hope that this new year brings you luck and happiness!

In the words of Gordon B Hinckley, "May we try a little harder to be a little better"!

CHEERS! Happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

What a fun train ride! Looks like they try to keep you entertained on the long ride. Glad you got to bring in the new year in style...love Lucie trying to "clink" her glass with Jared's.

The Horners said...

Cheers indeed! Glad they like the snow.... hint hint! :)

Gpa Paul said...

So much fun. You guys are the best at making memories.