About 2 years ago there was an incident...
It was on a typical morning in Florida when Jared was leaving for work and the kids and I sat at the door watching him till he was no longer in sight. But this morning, Jake had decided that his hugs to Jared weren't enough so after Jared was in his car and starting to drive away, Jake flips out and starts running towards Jared's car. Jared saw Jakey so he stopped and opened the door. Jake was about 2 feet from Jared's car when he tripped on his feet and fell face first into Jared's step up bar. As soon as Jared picked him up Jared yelled, "Oh No"! I freaked and started running towards them. Jake had knocked his 2 teeth back into his mouth and was screaming in pain. It looked terrible!
After we got him back in the house and calmed Jake down, Jared pulled Jake's teeth back into place. I was then given the task of getting Jake in to a Dentist ASAP while Jared went off to work. Finding a Dentist in Ocala that morning seemed impossible. No body would take us. No body did emergencies. No body did kids and NO BODY was Nice! I was annoyed. Of course I called Jared (who was up in Gainesville working) to let him know I was unsuccessful in getting Jake an appt. Not 10 minutes later Jared had him an appt with the same place that was giving me trouble. (this ANNOYS me beyond belief especially when Jared tells me how nice and accommodating they were to him)
To cut to the chase, they told us that his teeth were fine, they would probably turn black and then turn yellow but just to leave them alone. Well Jakes teeth were fine. They never turned black, just yellow and they were pretty chipped up from the fall.
So flash forward to earlier this week. We noticed that Jake started to get a nasty blister on his gum up above one of his teeth. We thought it was weird but when It happened several times, we thought we should get it checked out. A friend referred us to a pediatric dentist and I had no difficulties in getting him an appt.
So yesterday, I took Jake to the dentist. He did the X-Rays without any hesitation but as soon as the Dentist came walking over with his rubber gloves on, Jake flipped out! So I had to help the Doc hold him down so he could check out Jakes teeth. As to be expected, Jakes 2 front teeth were abscessed and needed to be pulled. I'm happy to announce that he had no other cavities or problems just the 2 teeth that he nearly knocked out 2 years ago!
This morning, Jared took him in for the procedure and $300 later we have a toothless son and another visit from the tooth fairy!
Before the procedure...
and after...
painting his tooth jar holder thingy...
and since the top teeth don't typically come in till about 7 yrs old, this is gonna be Jake's smile for the next 3-4 years!
He is doing well and is now excited about his visitor tonight. He has been pretty drugged today and experiencing everything from giggle attacks to uncontrollable emotions. My Sam's trip right after the procedure with him and thing 1 and thing 2 almost caused me a terrible breakdown but that is a whole other post! We are home, relaxing and recovering from an eventful morning!
12 comments:
Such a cute toothless grin he has! I have breakdowns in every store I take my kids to. So, I feel your pain.
Such a cute toothless grin he has! I have breakdowns in every store I take my kids to. So, I feel your pain.
He looks so cute! Avery is missing the same 2 teeth right now but I am hoping hers come in quicker than Jakes!
That is the cutest toothless grin I have ever seen. A sad story to go with it though!!
Cody is 6 1/2 and in 1st grade and hasn't lost any teeth. Yet. He gets so mad everytime Cameron does. If he hasn't lost one by this summer I may start to wonder. Although, he has a cousin who is in 3rd grade and hasn't lost any. Guess it happens when it happens.
Poor kid! That had to hurt! My niece did that same thing, and hasn't gotten her front teeth in either- she is 6... At least he looks cute toothless!
This is so crazy! I can't believe it! Still a cutie though . . .
Okay, I should have read this post first. I was glad to hear what the deal with the teeth were. What an experience. Glad that it all turned out.
We love your comments on our post. You always have something good to say. Thanks
No worries, Jakey - you take after your G'ma. I lost the same two front teeth when I was four...jumped off the front porch & knocked them out. I was in 2nd grade when they finally grew in...& they were HUGE!!! Things to look forward to...(sorry you had to hurt.)
poor guy! He is so darling. Where did you get the tooth fairy jar thingy??
jAKE YOU ARE AS CUTE AS EVER...!!
Good lookin boy with or without teeth. Go Jakey
Post a Comment