Jake had his first day in Primary yesterday. He is now a SUNBEAM and so excited to get to participate in Singing time and Sharing time with all the big kids.
He was so excited about his new scriptures that his Nursery leaders had given him as a goodbye gift. He especially liked how his name was stamped on them!
Jared and I also had our first experience with our new callings yesterday as the 16 year old Sunday School teachers. We have 13 kids in our class and they are sharp kids! There is no skating by with teens. They are too smart these days. We have a lot of preparing and studying to do and I'm excited for this experience. I know that it will push me in my spiritual progression in my preparation throughout the year.
******
I watched the movie One Good Man last night on the BYU TV channel. Yes it was cheesy but I really enjoyed it. I found myself emotional as I watched the main character try to fulfill his role as the Husband, the Father, the Bishop, and the Boss. Particularly his role as a Parent touched me as he dealt with a wayward teenager, a daughter getting married in the Temple, a son returning from a mission, as well as another son leaving on a mission. There is so much I want for my children and I pray that I will be able to teach them and guide them in the right direction. I know that it all begins with me... and that is what freaks me out!
Today I have felt the weight of the New Year as I struggle to wake up my mind (and body) to prepare myself for the year ahead of me. There is so much to do, I'm not sure where to begin. There are many goals I have set for myself this year and my ever growing list has already overwhelmed me and we are only on day 4 of 2010! I learned yesterday in Relief Society that I need to simplify. I need to take things one day at a time and instead of acknowledging only the things that I am NOT getting done, I should focus my energy on all of the SMALL things that I am accomplishing on a daily basis.
All day today I can't help but think about President Monsons talk HERE where he said, "To catch the real meaning of the 'spirit of Christmas' we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes the 'Spirit of Christ.'". I know it is not Christmas time but I am declaring this as my personal goal this year to remember Christ in all that I do. I hope to keep my eyes open for opportunities to serve where ever I can even if those opportunities are small. I know that through Jesus Christ I will be able to do more than I thought possible and through Him I will be happy.
7 comments:
What a fun calling! You guys will do great and learn so much.
Congrats Jakey! You're such a big boy now!
Love this post. Macy was a sunbeam too! I can't believe it. And I totally cried when she walked right in and sat down without even looking back at me. Big girl.
How fun! I love his happy smile, such a simple thing for a teacher to do & it brought such excitement to his "advancing" to the big kids in Primary...LOVE IT!
Congrats to you & J, too! The kids will love you & they WILL keep you on your toes!!! :)
lucky you to have such an awesome nursery leader...a personalized book of mormon will probably not be coming to olivia when she "graduates!" there is hardly ever a teacher!! not complaining though. :) cute pics of your big boy!
How cute. What a sweet little present to give to the kids. I love that idea! I'm sure he was so excited.
Jakey is adorable. Tell him I love him and am so proud that he is in Primary - and remind him I was his first nursery leader!!!
Take each day one at a time. Enjoy the moment. Value what you do do. And you do do kids well. Just look at them. good job mom. congrats Jakey
Post a Comment