Friday, January 1, 2010

Add the Tooth Fairy to my resume!

This afternoon Jared yanked Cori's first tooth out and she didn't even notice (that's how loose it was)! She realized it about 15 min later. In the picture above she hadn't noticed yet. She was just giving me a big toothy grin and after I snapped the picture, she noticed it was gone and ran to find a mirror!



After she oooo-ed and aaahhhh-ed for bit I asked her where her tooth was. She panicked for a quick second and then headed out the door to where she had been playing to look for it. So Jared set it on the trampoline and she saw the tooth and said that she could only find "a piece of it". I guess her teeth feel bigger in her mouth then they do in her hand!


She got this tooth jar for her Birthday in October and I have been putting the decorating off for when she lost her tooth. She was so excited to paint it and put her tooth inside.


While preparing for bed, she probably said "I'm so excited" 10 times! I had to make sure that she knew that when the tooth fairy came she would TAKE the tooth and leave a prize. I was worried she might be attached to the tooth (emotionally not literally). She then said, "maybe the tooth fairy will come and take my tooth and leave a big diamond"! Her expectations are a little too high!



Hopefully she won't be too disappointed in the morning when she finds just a dollar, as in a 1 dollar bill. She woke up at 10:30pm and asked if it was morning yet! I guess I need to practice my gracefulness while slipping under her pillow! OOPPSS!!!
Can't believe I have a child with a snaggle tooth grin!

8 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

I laughed out loud as I read this to Kiff. Could barely make it through the part where she only found a piece of her tooth. Too cute. Your New Year's Even party looked rockin'!!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Starting the new year with "milestones!" Perfect!!! Welcome to the Tooth Fairy Club! :)

Middleton said...

Seriously she is SO darn cute and SO funny. Why do they have to get so big?

The Horners said...

Hahahaha, "i can only find a piece of it" That's too cute! I love that she hoped the tooth fairy would replace it with a diamond! Smart girl!

Linda and Rex said...

She is still a cutie even minus the tooth

Coordination Queen said...

Love the snaggle tooth and that she was hoping for diamonds.

Portillo Portal said...

I can't believe how old Cori looks! She's so adorable!!!

Gpa Paul said...

Happy Girl, Happy family. Good parents. Way to go.