Sunday, May 3, 2009

Getting Creative

We have 8 O'CLOCK Church! Which means we are done at 11am. We then have the task of entertaining our children while trying to keep the Sabbath day holy. Since the 3 younger midgets nap right after we get home from church, and have lunch, Cori is the one who needs most of the entertaining. So today, we got creative.

I laid my head down on a towel and let her do my make-up. While I was lying there, I was surprised by her lack of color usage until I was done and looked in the mirror. Don't be jealous,  I looked lovely. 

There is  nothing scarier than your 4 yr old coming at your eyeball with mascara!

After she was done, she let me do her make-up too. She LOVED it!

She said, "I look Fancy".
(We have been reading a lot of Fancy Nancy books lately.)

I tried to teach her how to play Tic Tac Toe. I drew the "board" (not sure what to call the lines) and said I'll be the X's and you can be the O's. We played and of course I won and I said "I win". She smiles and then says, "lets play again". I draw another board and then hand her the crayon she then says, "I'll be the C-zez and you be the E-zez" I giggled and said "we play with X's and O's". She grabbed the crayon and said "ok, I'll be the X's". Since she went first, naturally she won. She was very excited and yelled "I wind you"! I then started to play defensively and she kept getting mad because I would put my "O" in her spot so she would cross it out and put her "X". Clearly she wasn't getting the point of the game.

Next came MASH, a game I spent way too much time playing with my sisters at church and friends at school! I thought it was too funny. Here was her results.

She is married to Talmage (our carpool friend), she drives a pink car, she has "6 and a half" kids, her BFF is Paige (our other carpool friend), and she has the pleasant occupation of a Mermaid, while living in her Shack. When I read it to her, her only response was an excited "YES!". 

If you have any ideas of how to entertain my children on Sunday, please let me know.
I'm running out of ideas!

8 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

This was very funny and entertaining. Cori is growing up so fast!

Therena Taylor & Family said...

I'm down with the marriage thing!! We'll see what Talmage thinks!

The Kilcreases said...

you should let cori do your makeup more often. what a nice sunburn/tan you have! she is getting way too big way too fast.

Coordination Queen said...

My kids like to pick pictures for each game of tic-tac-toe that is played and they spend several minutes drawing a picture, followed by my simple "x" and then they get to draw again. :) A friend of mine recently suggested the Friend online has some good activities for Sunday afternoons.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

"Ooh La La" - I LOVE Fancy Nancy! I must say, you look "fanciful" after Cori finished with you...what a good mom. I would NEVER let you do that to me when you were little...& then to post it for the world to see! I am impressed!

Adam and Laurin said...

What a fun Sunday!! We have cookie sunday each week which gives the kids something to look forward to. We go on Friday and get the ingrediants, each of the kids carries their own basket and helps me pick out the ingrediants. Its a great way to spend our Sunday afternoons, and a great dessert too.

The Horners said...

Sexy. Great look for you and Cori! The Mash game made me laugh the most. She's so sweet.

About Us said...

I loved that MASH game! :)