Thursday, May 7, 2009

Preschool Rocks!

We were very fortunate to get Cori into Mrs. McClure's preschool right after we moved here. It's hard enough to get your child into Mrs. McClure's class so we feel extra special to have been able to hop in in the middle of the year! She is a wonderful teacher. She even gave Cori her very own School T-shirt that Cori loves to talk about! She has enjoyed carpooling with friends and doing her homework. She is even beginning to read! At first she wasn't all that interested in reading but since we've been taking weekly trips to the library, she has shown more interest.

A couple weeks ago, I got the pleasure of accompanying her to her very first field trip to the Zoo. She was SOOOOO excited for it. Of course I forgot my camera but thankfully my sisters husbands sister (did you catch that?) was there and let me snap a few pics of Cori with her camera. (Thanks Christin)
This is Cori and my big forehead, I mean my big glasses, I mean my big teeth, oh wait that's me!

She got to sit on an Elephants trunk!

and these goats stunk and I was totally allergic to 'em!

And played with her friends.

Before we left, all the kids went on the carousel. Cori had a total melt down when a kid ran right up in front of her and hopped on the sparkly rainbow seahorse. It was so sad! I wanted to cry with her, but instead I tried to calm her down and convince her that the yellow seahorse was pretty cool too.

Today, was a very special day. Jared and I were able to go and see Cori perform in the cutest, funnest, most bestest, Mother's Day Program ever! She sang and danced and grinned the entire time! It was awesome! Mrs. McClure went all out! It was a very special treat that ended with a very special gift and a luncheon.  I am totally convinced now that I need to put her in dance this fall. She enjoys entertaining just like her mama! I remembered my camera this time but didn't think to video anything. In a couple weeks is the Graduation Spectacular so I'll have to remember both cameras for that.

This is when they first came out. She was so excited to spot me in the audience.


This is the whole bunch.

Taking a bow

Here she is giving me my pot of flowers. She said, "they are pens and there is two. one for me and one for you"


This is the gift she made for me.

She made me this little booklet and inside was the following "fill in the blanks". I thought it was funny. Her answers are in the pink. 

My mom is as beautiful as... giraffe at the zoo
My mom gets out of of bed at ... 10 o'clock
My mom looks the best when she is... looks the same as me
My mom loves it when... she dances with Pa
My mom hates it when... she bumps her head
I think my mom is...25... inches tall
I think my mom weighs...46... pounds
My mom loves to... color with me
My mom hates to... wake up tired kids
My mom makes the best... chicken noodle soup

and here is her fantastic teacher Mrs. McClure

We really appreciate all her hard work!

In the fall Cori will be in the Young Learners Program. It is a Pre-K done by the elementary school. She is sooooo excited to go to "the BIG school" next year. And Jake is sooooooo excited to go to Mrs. McClure's in the fall! (and so is MOM! oh the possibilities with just 2 at home!)

8 comments:

Natalie Hall said...

OMG!!!! That is the same preschool my twins went to.. Such a great little school. Cindi, your little girl is a doll. I'm so glad she got to go there. Fun times...

I also love that I got to meet you. You are a beautiful class act. Always great when I come across a new person that is so sweet and everything else.

Seriously Cindi call me for anything. Now I can add you to my friend list.. Have a wonderful mothers day weekend!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

CUUUUUUTE! Love the pic of Cori & Peeps...so fun! Looks like you scored big with this preschool!

The Horners said...

I'm laughing at Cori's sweet answers to the little book she made you. Hilarious. She is becoming such a sweet little girl. Her personality is beautiful. I love her. Oh and P.S. As I was sitting here looking at the pictures, Olivia was clapping at every single one. She must think the pics are cute too!

The Holyoaks said...

I laughed so hard at the pic of the kids taking a bow. So fun.

Kaymee said...

That preschool looks awesome! I am having the hardest time finding one for jenna for the fall! everything fills up years in advance! i love cori's answers to the questions!!! lol

Tiffany said...

I love how honest she is in all of her answers. I would love to get out of bed at 10 o'clock!! hahaha

Portillo Portal said...

Cindi lou, I love reading your blog! You are such a great mama bear! Thanks for commenting on mine! Hopefully we will be having babies real soon...and then I will be bombarding you all sorts of questions! :)

Rebecca said...

Those fill-in-the-blanks are really funny. So, are you always walking into walls and bumping your head? Is that why you sleep so late? =) Kids are hilarious!