Thursday, April 10, 2008

Project Help My Kids Eat!

So my Cori and Jake are into not eating dinner or arguing about it. Not fun! This is new territory for us 'cause they have always been really good eaters. Maybe I'm just stuck in a rutt and they are sick of the meals I am fixing? I refuse to be a short order cook So I am soliciting your help in finding new recipes that my whole family will enjoy. Thanks a bunch.

7 comments:

kelly ferg said...

New recipes is a great idea but also don't let it get to you. We had a Dr. tell us forever ago that kids can go DAYS without eating and they will be fine, just look at Sabrina. She still doesn't eat. Maybe it's a spurt and they really aren't hungry, just be patient and don't take it personally. Just tell them and yourself, "Cool, more for me," That's my response. You're a mom, you can do anything. Love ya!

Chicken Nuggets (Quick and Easy)
1 bag sour cream and onion chips, crushed-you will not need the whole bag
2 eggs, beaten
boneless chicken breasts cut into small strips

Dip the strips into the egg then coat with crushed chips. place on baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes at 350'.

Dipping Sauce
2 TBSP mayo
1 TBSP mus"turd"
1 TBSP brown sugar
mix together, it will seem lumpy but let it sit while the other is cooking and they will all smooth out.

All my kids LOVE these, good luck!

Dacia said...

I agree with Kelly's comment. Bryson went through that stage and I tried every tactic for months and months and months- then one day out of the blue, he just started eating. We have stressed a lot less with Kaitlyn and force a few bites and I try to have something I know she will like but if she doesn't like anything, we don't stress like we did with Bryson - she will out grow it!

Coordination Queen said...

I agree with the other girls. Don't stress out about the food. If you make it a big issue, it can lead to unhealthy eating habits, basically don't force them to eat. Also look at the food that they eat throughout the day. Not just at each meal. Offer them healthy snacks and whatnot during the day. That is what my pediatrician told me anyway. good luck. I know it is hard. We are still going through it.+

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Yeah...y'all weren't picky eaters so I'm not sure I'm much help here. I do remember asking Dr.Y about Ben not eating & he said not to worry, when he gets hungry, he'll eat. I DID NOT SHORT ORDER COOK! What you saw was what you got. Of course, we were on a pretty tight budget & we didn't have a lot of "snacks" to grab & go - so come dinner time, y'all were pretty hungry.

Dan and Janay said...

Have you checked out that new cookbook from Jessica Seinfield? I liked some of her recipes and they are healthy too.
janay

Kaymee said...

I can't get my kids to eat either!

Gina Deceuster said...

I'm amazed at Alana's chunky tummy, considering her usual day consists of 2 bites of cereal, 1 cup of yogurt, 3 bites of ham, and 2 bites of peas. Oh, and don't forget the juice!