2. "You've gotten so much bigger since I saw you last"- Come on people, this is just not a nice comment!
3. "Wow, you're HUGE!"- Ok, no one really said this but sometimes your eyes say it all!
4. "I'm just afraid your gonna explode" -Thanks Steph!
5. "You look so tired!" - Thank you, I just spent in hour getting ready so I wouldn't look tired. Glad to know it didn't work.
6. "Are all these kids yours? And your Pregnant? Boy, You have your hands full!" - Yeah no kidding, why don't you give me a hand instead of sit there and laugh!
7. "How far along are you?"- I only don't love this question because I'm to busy to know and it makes me feel guilty.
8. "It's so cute that you waddle when you walk." -No it is not cute! It's painful and not flattering to walk like a duck.
9. "Still haven't had that baby yet?"- Do you see a baby in my hands? No, considering that my belly still looks like I've swallered a watermelon, I still haven't had the baby yet!
10. "You look miserable"- Well I feel it so thanks for reminding me!
The joys of living in a place where people don't remember what it's like to be pregnant. I feel better now that I got that off of my ever growing chest! I know people mean well, that is why I smile instead of comment. Let us all remember that, If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
So we are quickly approaching the arrival of little Lucie Lou (notice I've changed the spelling) and I am getting more and more excited. I am somewhere around 30-31 weeks pregnant. (I stopped counting cause it stresses me out) I am a little nervous because of how fast my labor is but thank goodness for Priesthood blessings! I really do hope I have her in a hospital bed, not my home, not the car, not a parking lot, not in a wheelchair or an elevator but in a real hospital bed. Oh and an epidural BEFORE I have her would be nice too. But more than anything I want her to be healthy. Meaning physically healthy and not healthy as in big.
Just a reminder, we are approaching the last month and I do not answer my home phone or cell phone in the last month due to the phrase "Have you had the baby yet?" So leave a message and I'll call you back. And when we get to my due date and then watch it pass, I will be unreachable so don't be offended. Thanks!
Oh, one last thing. Many people have asked me where I shop for maternity clothes. I recently gave away all of them cause after wearing the same hand full of maternity clothes for 3 years straight, I got sick of them. I thought I could do with no maternity clothes but due to the fact that Lucie is so dang High, and so far out there, I have purchased clothing that I thought I would wear after she was born but because I look so huge in them, I will prob. never wear them again. But I have gotten cute maternity shirts on clearance at Target. Also, maternity dresses are the best from Target! They don't make you look totally huge. Just a little bit huge. They never have the cute clothes that are on the posters but that is a whole other post. I've been very impressed with their maternity line. I also love finding things at Forever 21. Yes, it is a teeny bopper store but it makes me feel stylish and I think most of the things people comment on are from there. We just got a Motherhood Maternity here in slowcala. Which is so funny to me cause they finally opened one here during the last trimester of my last pregnancy. HAHAHA! But I did find some really cute tops from there the other day. I also always wear Shades (http://www.shadeclothing.com/) undershirts. They are the Bomb! Thanks Mom! I don't do maternity jeans or pants because I find them to be overly obnoxious. I try to find one size up, low rise, stretchy denim and it has done the trick. But I try not to focus on the lower half of my pregnant body. So for all I know it might look scary. So there you have it. This is way longer than it was supposed to be so I am signing off!
14 comments:
I do the same thing as you with all the clothes, i try to find things that are just bigger in size but i don't look as good as u!
I do the same thing as you with all the clothes, i try to find things that are just bigger in size but i don't look as good as u!
You are such a cute little pregnant person! People do tend to forget their tact when talking to an expectant mother...
I think you have one of the cutest pregnant bellies I have ever seen.
I agree, you are SO cute pregnant. I wish I only looked half as cute as you - not all swollen and FAT. I think this post is funny because it's so true, people seriously say the dumbest and rudest things to pregnant women. (I used to work with this old guy that I always fought with because he constantly made rude comments to me while pregnant. Not Cool!!!)
I loved your top ten reasons. I'll add one when I was preg with kohl...Oh you are pregnant, i just thought you were gaining weight because of the holidays. ARRGH. I can laugh about it now but that day I didnt think it was very funny. Some nerve people have.
You're so cute and I love that you got that off your "ever growing chest". It's all in your stomach, you're so lucky. When I was prego I looked like I was having triplets, one in the front and two in the back. Wide Load coming through! You're beautiful, enjoy this pregnancy, it's your last!!!!!!! Love ya
I used my finger to cover up your belly on the computer screen and you look completely normal. But dang! You look HUGE! How far along are you? You must have your hands full! And, poor thing, you look so tired.
two times from the same obnoxious man, i got ,"Are you having twins?" I knew i was big, but not THAT big and I still had 4 weeks to go. Then I saw him a week later, and he said, "you still havn't had that baby?"
Such cute birthday pictures! Your post totally cracked me up. I can't believe the things people say! I'm always back tracking to think what I say to my pregnant friends. I do the same thing with maternity clothes, both my sisters have borrowed my maternity stuff so by the time I have another kid, I'll probably just need new things! Hang in there this last part! You're doing great and you're smart to ignore everyone for the last month, the questions just get old!
Yep that is the best way to wear jeans when you are pregoo! I don't wear the yucky panel ones till the last couple weeks :)
Yes so many people make those comments, I always wonder what they are thinking. But you do look so good pregnant!!!
Seriously, you are the CUTEST pregnant girl...even after having done it 3 times before. I do remember, though, hearing the same comments you have heard. My least favorite was when I was a week overdue with Sophie and I was at church and several women said to me "you're still here?!" I would have been a bit more forgiving if these comments came from men, but no, women who had born children before were saying this to me! Where is the love? Anyway, you look fantastic! And I think you have the most adorable little family! Enjoy that nice weather for me! :)
You're the best. I love it. I think it's almost like since you are pregnant, people think it's free rain!!! Not too sure where that idea originated but I hear you. I hate always telling a story about me, but I think you'll like this one. :)
When I was prego with Jax, we were teaching the 15-17 year-olds sun school, a few weeks @ I had Jax, one of the "stinker-trouble-maker" types said, "Oh, you're so much hotter not pregnant." hm........thanks!?!?!!
Post a Comment