As much as I would have liked to have taken credit for such a lovely Ward Activity, I wasn't in charge of it. This was totally done by our Bishopric and it was wonderful. I do appreciate all the praise I got for such a fun activity but I seriously didn't know about it until a week before. But Thanks anyways!
So it was fun, Jared got to help cook an authentic Nephite meal complete with an emu (sp?) style pig, grilled pineapple, fresh fish (eyeballs and all) and of course green salads, rice, beans and dessert.
The Youth dressed up in Character as Nephites and served us drinks and skewered pineapple.
Jared and the Bishopric Leaders also dressed up and they looked great.

After the meal everyone was ushered into the Chapel where they watched The Testaments:Of One Fold and One Shepherd. This is a great film that used to be played on Temple Square. If you haven't seen it, you should. I think Jared used to date one of the main characters (a girl of course). But who knows, either way I wouldn't be surprised!
Afterwards all the Youth walked up and sang Armies of Helaman which I heard was awesome. I didn't stay the whole time cause it was just a little too much with all the kids. I'm glad Jared got to participate and that we have such a wonderful Bishopric to put on such a great missionary activity.
5 comments:
So cute. If I ever get that calling I will have to copy this!
The director of this film is in our ward - when it first came out on video we had a giant stake activity & showed it to any member who brought a non-member friend. Awesome movie! Jared looks authentic!
I saw the pictures of this on my aunt's facebook, I laughed before I knew the story! What a fun ward activity!
What a neat idea for an activity. I love getting on here when you've done a major posting session!!
What a fun activity. And of course being a Temple Square sister, I love the Testaments...However I saw it so much on my mission that I haven't watched it since. Sad but true, it's probably time for me to watch it again. I think I've forgotten some of the lines by now.
Janay
Post a Comment