Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Night Time Routine

So, a year ago I went to California and stay a couple of nights with my Big Sister Rochelle and got some good ideas. Every night before bed she would let all 3 kids pick out a book and they would sit together and read all 3 books. I thought it was so cute and I'm happy to say that we have done it for almost a year now. It has helped calm the kids down for bed and they know that bed comes after the books. Thanks for the idea Rochelle! It's helped a lot!

3 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Magical time, isn't it? I hope they let you do this for years to come!

The Holyoaks said...

Wait. Jared can read?

Kaymee said...

That is cute! Cody goes to bed an hour and a half before Jenna, but she knows she has a routine and loves it. She says, "mommy, I brush my teeth and go to the bathroom and read books and say prayers and sing songs." she is big on the song part too! She will always remind me if I forget :) she has learned a ton of primary songs that way. she has now added to the routine that I cuddle her and I have to tickle her back, then her face and then her left arm. :P sorry for the novel.