
So this is my little
Jakey's Horsie. Yesterday morning the kids were playing outside while I was doing some work in the garage. It was getting close to lunch/nap time when I noticed Jake's horse sitting on the driveway next to my car. Well I got distracted by my work and forgot about the horse. So I took the kids in, washed them up, fed them lunch and got them ready for naps. Cori and Jason went down fine but Jake would not. He kept coming out of his room saying "
horsie". I thought he had just thrown it somewhere where it got stuck (totally forgetting that I had seen it earlier outside). So we went in his room and started looking for it and after I had pulled the room apart, I remembered it was outside. So I went to get it and...IT WASN'T THERE! I kinda got in a
panic about it and after 30 minutes of looking for it outside, I went in to check on the kids. Jake by then had fallen asleep. I looked a little longer and once again got distracted by work. So bedtime comes around and once again I start looking everywhere for it. Once again I can't find it but Jake did really well with out it last night. So the reason for this novel is, I woke up this morning and first thing I did was go outside to look for his horse. I spent an hour and a half looking for it and praying to find it. I was so upset! It's his
horsie, he loves it and I wanted him to always have it. I was thinking how I planned to keep it forever and eventually give it to his children someday. Right when I started to CRY (yes cry) about it I looked over and there it was laying in the dirt. I was so happy I found it and then I realized I was 2 doors down on the
other side of my neighbors house. I have no idea how it got there and that doesn't matter because I found it! I also realized that I am more attached to his
horsie then he is! He did fine with out it and I have not! It's funny to look back and see that I am the reason Jake is attached to the
horsie in the first place. But it's safe and sound I he is sleeping with it now and all is well!
5 comments:
AAAWWWW, what a happy little horse "tale". Glad the horsie has returned home safely.
That is such a sad story. I almost cried, too. I bet some rabid animal got a hold of it.
aww, believe it or not, i seriously almost starting crying too!!!!!!! that's a sweet story and i'm glad u found it!
Not to be a copy-cat, but I almost cried too. Seriously tears came to my eyes. Cutler has a puppy 'Sarge' and he loves it, & I love it. I don't know what I would do without it. I'm so happy you found his horsie.
What a mommy story - I love the ones with happy endings - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment