I had a Birthday too.
To ring in my last year in my twenties I...
showered.
After the 3rd person joined me in the shower I said to Jared,
"All I wanted for my Birthday was to shower alone".
I had no plans other than a quick trip to Sonic, Hobby Lobby with Tay Tay
and possibly hit up my favorite store Target.
Then my I would come home to prepare for Cori's Party the day after.
So I got all dressed and was ready to face the day.
As I was finishing up in my bathroom,
Precious walked in to my room with her pants around her ankles talking of poop.
(NEVER a good sign)
And to my JOY, I looked at her cute pink Nike's to find a BIG terd stuck to the bottom of her shoe as well as a trail of poop shoe prints on my carpet.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!
I followed the poop tracks all the way thru our kitchen and ended up in the family room were
there were circles of tracks COVERING the entire carpeted area as well as the
"scene of the crime" or "the main event".
Precious loves me!
So after I used all of my wipes, bottle of Resolve and a little elbow grease.
I loaded up the kids and headed to meet Tay Tay at Sonic.
By the time I got there we were pinched for time so I grabbed my soda,
went home and realized resolve had done NOTHING to clean the carpet.
SO I loaded up the kids dropped Jake off at Playgroup
and went straight to the Grocery Store to rent a carpet cleaner.
I spent the majority of the day cleaning that carpet
and trying to keep the kids off of it.
Surprisingly, I did not let it affect my attitude.
SHEESH happens!
And I can't think of a better way to celebrate me on that day,
doing my job as a Mom and living the Dream.
Plus, my neighbors and friends SPOILED ME ROTTEN,
with kind gifts, cards, phone calls, lunch and dinner.
I LOVE my Friends! I felt special indeed!
And My Man brought me some Roses and took me to dinner and a Movie on Saturday.
My Birthday Resolutions for this next year are...
Patience (can NEVER have enough of that)
Happiness (find joy in all things, love the life you live)
Discipline (get ma butt to da gym)
Acceptance (don't be so hard on yourself)
Confidence (I am a Child of God and I have the strength and Capability to do anything)
Be an Example
Know who you are and where you are going.
and lastly Live in the NOW!

7 comments:
I hope I don't ever have to experience smeared poop stains on my carpet! Glad you had a good birthday otherwise. "Live in the now man!"
Living the Dream! hahaha . . .
Great attitude, Cindle. But sometimes you just hafta laugh!
Poop happens...if we didn't know what crap was, we wouldn't recognize or appreciate the sweet stuff. Life is good, once we get past the crap. :) Happy two-ty-ninth bday.
You are such a pretty little daisy.
I love your life!!
Good ideas. Stay strong and laugh in the face of "crap".
You're a beautiful Rapunzel flower princess :) Happy 29!
Post a Comment