Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Praying

Here is a "little" part of Cori's prayer this morning at breakfast...
"Hopeful we can have a good Valentines Day, Hopeful it can snow this week tomorrow..." I couldn't bring myself to tell her that we live in the desert and it doesn't snow much here, or ever. And Valentine's Day? That came out of Left Field! I didn't even know she knew bout Valentine's Day. But who am I to question her prayers? She can pray for whatever she wants to pray about! She is really beginning to think about what she prays about. It's really really cute (and funny) to see her get it. She thinks to pray about EVERYTHING! I wish I could be more like that.

Jake on the other hand says the same exact prayer. We are working on it. Every day he prays to "help us have a good day at school tomorrow and church tomorrow..." every day with out fail. Sometimes it's said multiple times during the same prayer!

Oh the innocence of babes!
I just thought it was cute and wanted to write it down so I don't forget how cute they are.

2 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

I like hearing things like this. I also like your new blog banner because I can see their pics as I read the crazy stuff they do. LOVE your babies!

Chad and Elizabeth said...

My parents always like to remind me how when I was little, when I would say my prayers I would always add "and please bless Alvin, Simon and Theodore" (yes... as in the chipmunks). I'm going to trust Cori on this one, I'm going to celebrate Valentines tomorrow. Random holiday celebrating is fun!