the best we could get
I am the one experiencing the Growing Pains as my children grow older everyday. It Hurts! They are truly special kids and I am trying to enjoy this special time I have with them because I know that all too soon they will be grown up. And at that point, I'm sure my growing pains will be even stronger. I hope that I am doing all that I can to prepare my children for the unknown future. I think that things are going ok but as any mother can tell you, I feel like I should be doing more. But for now I recognize that even though my children are constantly destroying this house, they are happy and healthy and I will just go with it. Here are some things about them that make me smile...
Cori When I look at her these days I just can't get over how grown up she is. It makes me excited and sad at the same time! Such a weird feeling. I am so proud of who she is. Such a sweet girl who always wants to please and be praised. She is a HUGE help to me around the house. I have to constantly remind myself that she is just a 4 yr old and to let her be a little girl. She is however anxious to be a big girl, get her ears pierced, and chew gum.
"It's 8, 19 o'clock ago, we're late!" said while looking at her imaginary watch.
"You did a good job mom. You're such a good boy."
After I cleaned her room, she walked in
Cori- "Wow, Mom did you clean my room?"
me- "yes"
Cori-"it looks so wonderful. Thank you for cleaning my room. That is so nice of you."
Jake Is still such a sweet boy. He still likes to cuddle and love on his mom and PA. His big smile makes my heart melt and his cry breaks it. He really, really, really wants to be a big boy and looks forward to doing things that big boys do. He is pretty competitive and does not lose gracefully. He likes all things boy related but is really into big boy toys like bikes, skateboards, 4 wheelers, swamp buggy's, etc.He is a very good brother and He loves his brother and sisters! He is obsessed with his Pa and is constantly in Jared's shadow!
"I gonna win you. I wind you mom!"
"You can't win me!" said while whining after someone got there first
Me- "Jakey, you're so cute"
Jake- "yeah, I so cooooooote"
Me- "You're so funny"
Jake- "No, I Yakey" (thats how he says his name)
Me- "no, Jake, mom said you are funny"
Jake- "NO, I YAAAKEKEEEYYY!"
Jason This little guy is so special. He is all over the place. One minute he is hugging and kissing you and the next minute he is yelling and spitting at you. His giggle his contagious and he has a big heart. He loves his big brother and sister and wants to do EVERYTHING they do. He has recently noticed that he is a big brother too and is constantly checking on Lucie and making sure she is ok. The 2 of them are starting to play well together and I can't get enough of their giggle matches! He is talking lots now but it usually requires translation by me. Of course everything he says is so cute but my favorite is...
me- "Where's Jason"
Jason- "ick-a-boo"
Lucie Lately she is Precious Pink PRINCESS PANTS! Sassy as can be and is definitely aware that she is the baby and takes full advantage of the situation! I love it!!! She has learned that if she cries or makes a crying face or noise that the whole family will stop what they are doing and come to her aid. She loves this about us, but if we didn't notice then she gives us a full on "2yr old" tantrum, which is a site to see (she is so LOUD)! She isn't talking yet but will mimic my yelling at the kids. She loves her mama and follows her around everywhere. It makes me feel good (the other 3 were all about Jared). She is a very happy girl and has my permission to be as sweet or rotten as she wants!
Today I am just so grateful for these kids.
This is what life is all about!
Life is GOOD!

5 comments:
I feel your pain...I love you.
i totally feel you!! My baby is already 1 month!!
You and your children are beautiful! Keep up the good work. I remind myself everyday, they are only little once :( I feel like I can't keep up up with two, but I would be ecstatic to have four.
I love that Jake doesn't like you to call him anything else. Cutler does the exact same thing. Whenever I call him dude, honey, bud...he says "I not ___ I Cucker" (thankfully he says the C)
Kids are awesome! They keep you young and always on your toes
Post a Comment