Well Spring Break has come and gone and... I meant well.
We decided to stay home this year and just play around town.
Jared and I are planning on joining a group of our friends and hiking from Rim to Rim of the Grand Canyon.
I have 2 months to get my BUTT in shape for this as everyone who is going seems to be a Marathoner/Tri Athelete.
CRAP!!!
So we started off Spring Break with a hike to the Wind Caves up by Usery Pass.
Such a great little hike and I was impressed that the midgets made it all the way to the top!
We took our favorite neighbor Tyler who my kids are OBSESSED with!
Jared and I think he's great too!
Here we are up at the top. It was refreshing to sit in the shade.
But there was no wind. Luckily it didn't get warm till we made it back down.
Afterwards, I found this note from Cori...
Translation: Dear Mom, Did you have a good hike? Sign it Yes or No
and then the circle at the top says Sign it as well as tribal looking figures which are supposed to be me and Cori. :)
Love this girl!
So for the rest of Spring Break we did a whole lotta nothing.
Luckily we had several families in our neighborhood who decided to stay home too so we got together with them each night and it was lots of fun!
Sunday hanging in front of the Wags house.
Monday swim party and Hotdogs at the Lakers house.
Tuesday Pizza night and Neilsons run.
Wednesday Street Tacos in the street.
Thursday we all did the wind cave hike and IHop for brunch.
And about Friday is when I was incapable of finding any more joy in Spring Break...
But the kids had a blast, not enough sleep, but a blast!
Love our neighbors!







5 comments:
I would be pretty pooped too. Your kids will love having those memories and hopefully you'll remember more good stuff than tired stuff. I love spring and summer. Can't wait to get out! Yeah for hiking. Good job to the kiddos for being so athletic!
Your neighborhood sounds like it could be in a movie - not real life. You are so lucky!
Your neighborhood is unreal. I've never seen or heard of anything like it and I think it's so cool! We have a hiking back pack for wee baby, maybe we'll use it this summer... and by we I mean Ben.
Wee babay. Hahahaha
It's nice to have great neighbors. You live in a great place.
I'm impressed that the kids made it AND that yo even attempted to take them. Yay McGraths!
Family stuff is the best. glad the kids had a good time.
Post a Comment