Thanks to my VT, last week I was able to go with Jake on the Discovery Club field trip.
I try to jump at any chance where I can spend one on one time with a kid.
I love seeing him with his peers and teachers.
We went on a hike where his teachers talked about the different animals and plant life in the desert. At the Visitors Center up at Usery Park, they have a couple different animals that the kids can get a good close up look at. Jake was particularly excited about the snake.
The whole Class
He loves his teacher and wanted to walk right beside her and hold her hand.
I really love that we live so close to these mountains.
I think the desert is actually very pretty and very interesting.
taking a break
Finished!
Such a beautiful day to be out on a hike!







5 comments:
That preschool sounds awesome! Glad you got to spend some time with the little guy!
I always thought the desert was a pretty place too. I would do anything for a little bit of sunshine right now! I love field trips. Macy just had her first (to the grocery store to learn about healthy eating) and there is another one this week (to the high school animal 4H place - whatever it's called). Not as cool as a desert hike but whatevers.
Wish we could spend more time outdoors. I so look forward to stuff like this. Cutey Jakey.
I love how excited kids get for field trips. It's especially nice to share it with them as a chaperone & see how they interact with their friends & teachers. So much fun!
Love the desert. How fun to share with the boy.
Post a Comment