Last weekend Jared and I took a trip to Seattle.
I had never been there before so I was so excited!
It was just for the weekend and if you have ever been to Seattle you should know that you CAN'T see or do it ALL in just 2 days!
It was tough to decide if we wanted to site see or just sleep the weekend away!
So we tried to do a fair amount of both.
I always make him take an airplane picture! and I always look overly excited in them...
We dropped our bags off at the Hotel and headed straight down to Pike's.
We briefly blew through the place and then drove up to see the Temple.
After that we headed down to Port Orchard to see my Sister. It was fun to see where she lives and snuggle her children to death! (didn't take any pics that day)
We then decided we'd try this ferry business.
I took all my will power to not have Jared take an "I'm king of the world" picture.
I tend to do that every time I get on a boat.
We'll blame it on my teenage love for Leonardo Dicaprio.
Since it was cold we went inside and played Scrabble on my ipad.
Jared likes to cheat, so he won. :)
Scrabble is quickly becoming another game that is not good for our marriage.
We've already had to give up Rummikub.
The next day we saw some more sites. and couldn't get enough of Pike's...
was so bummed that the fish were not flying do to construction improvements...
and boy howdy did we eat some GOOD food!
Seafood Chowder
Gigantic pumpkin cookies
Breakfast at Lola's
and WAY TOO MUCH Hot Chocolate!
We had plans to go to dinner with Jill and Kiff in Tacoma.
We decided to go to her house a little early so we could squish her kids!
Roman is SO Squishy!
Macadoodle has grown so fast!
My sister is a great mother to these adorable kids!
and Dr. Kiffy man is so good to my sister! Love these guys!
After dinner they drove us up to Bremmerton to catch the Ferry back to Seattle.
Bremmerton is a Navy town and looked so cool!
It was so neat to see the ships in the water. Wish we could have seen it during the day.
Sunday morning we slept in, ordered room service for breakfast,
then quickly head down to Pike's one more time so Jared could grab some Salmon Jerky and then it was time to go to the airport.
It is always fun to get away with Jared. But ALWAYS good to come home to the midgets!
























15 comments:
Fun! I love Seattle and I know Ben would love it too. So lucky that you got to squish those babies. You're so fancy with your fangs and red lips! LOVE the coat!
What a fun trip- and without kids! We're going to have to try that sometime.
Brent would be soooooooooo jealous! He loves Pike's too and we had a blast there. He says he wants to go back all the time...
What fun! I would love to go to Seattle! The last picture with you hair up is fab, that hair-do is so so cute!
Sounds like a great trip, Cindi! And oh my gosh, Jill's kids are the cutest!
P.S. Love your bangs!
What beautiful children.
So jealous!!! Seattle really is fabulous!!
I hated Pikes - the flying fish freaked me out! Kyle was bummed but there was NO WAY I was hanging out there. Glad you two liked it though.
I love that little Roman! What a chunk! He is such a cute lovable guy! Glad you guys got to get away!
I Love me some Seattle - Pike's is awesome (flying fish or not) - I love the fresh flowers & all the cherries. Did you find Piroshky's (the Russian bakery a few doors down from those giant pumpkin cookies)? YUUUUUUUMMMMMMY! The Holysmokes are pretty awesome, too.
What cute grandkids. Seattle is a fun place and a great gettaway.
I love reading about you, Cindi face! Your bangs are adorable.
Oh my gosh - so true about Rummikub. Our new "not so good for the marriage" game is Ticket to Ride. I got it for Christmas and we have already played a ton of times. Both games always end in me pushing JJ when he makes a key move that ends up messing up my plans. Oh but they are so fun!!!
Weekend with hubby is fun. Visiting sister is fun. Away from the kids is fun. Something to try to make a habit. :)
What a great trip! So glad you guys got to get away. I want to go back! We loved our trip there too. So much fun and you're so lucky you got to see the Holyoaks...love the squishy man!
Post a Comment