All the other words that came to mind are not appropriate for my Grandmother's to read, so POOP it is!
I have this AMAZING little girl Precious. She is adorable! I mean look at her...
even when she drops her pants to pee in the yard she is just adorable!
She is definitely a free spirit!
Well she now looks like this...
Man I'm so MAD I just want to rip my eyeballs out!
Precious found my hair cutting scissors and went to town. She is a stealthy little booger!
I took the above two pics a couple hours after it happened which was when I noticed it.
When I saw her I asked her if she cut her hair.
She said "Yep", like it was no big thing.
I asked her where the scissors were and she said, "come I show you".
So I followed her into my room and then into my bathroom where she said, "right here", where I saw this...
I got a little dizzy and tried to breath through it... "No Lucie, where are the scissors?"
She walked over to my vanity opened up a drawer, pulled out my scissor pouch, and pulled out my scissors, which had some of her hair still wrapped around it.
I wasn't about to try and "fix" it for fear of doing something drastic.
(what could I do with it anyways?). So I pulled it in piggy's for the rest of the day.
After I took this picture she said, "I see, I see". So I showed her and she said "Ooo so pretty".
Not exactly what I was thinking but at least she is confident and loves it.
The next morning I was pleasantly surprised after her bath that it wasn't that noticeable.
but then she took a nap...
(sigh...)
It is SO her personality, wild and care free.
I did my best to laugh it off. I almost fooled myself.
That evening I had to meet with my Bishop, He began our interview with a
"how are you doing" and that's when I lost it!
I began uncontrollably sobbing and said (now think of your most horrible sobbing voice),
"My baby cut all her hair off on top of her head. She looks crazy!".
My poor Bishop tried SO HARD not to laugh!
I guess it was a bigger deal to me then I thought!
I'm definitely sad but I do know it will grow out... eventually.
I'm not gonna cut it for a couple of months.
For now this is her... and yes, it looks crazy but I still love her to pieces!







20 comments:
I've been waiting for pictures. I would have cried about it too. In fact, I almost did when you sent me that picture. Just strap a big bow to the middle of her head! She's still a cute little hobbit. Even with a big chunk of hair missing!
Yes, a bow or some headbands should do the trick.
And I DID cry when you sent me the picture. I imagined it was Penelope and cried. But I'm not a hair girl so I wouldn't have known what to do.
She sure is cute. She will LOVE this story and these pictures when she's older. And you will laugh at it one day. Good memories.
Oh my. At least her hair is curly and disguises it! One day it will be funny!
Cindy....I would have cried with you! What is it about kids of hairstylists! Thank goodness for her beautiful curls. You can try chaining it with smaller rubberbands when it gets a little longer. Ashlyn's hair is still growing out from her go at hair styling. Every time I give her pigtails....there is the "spot" that still sticks straight up in the air!
There will never be a funnier picture than the one of her in the pig tails. She's a nut! Ohhh I love that baby.
Precious Lucious...oh what fun! Hats are in...& there is still so much of her luscious locks left around the sides & back to work with. (Quite frankly, it's not as bad as I was imagining it to be - I couldn't see it that well on my tiny phone screen.) This, too, shall pass...or in this case, grow out! You will never run out of things to talk about...your midgets will continue to supply you with a plethora of anecdotes to share with the masses for years to come. What a crazy ride!
Sad day for you!!!! I feel your pain! I think I cried for a solid week when Maycie did that. I hope it grows fast, it took about 8 months for maycies to grow back. Oh I am so sorry!
So, you just bathe her everytime you need to go somewhere right? At least it can cover up with curls? It could be worse if her hair was straight? The picture of all the curls on the floor made me sick to my stomach to see all the curls GONE!
From the title and the first pic I thought I was going to be about her pooping in the yard and it made me chuckle... Then I read and saw the rest of the pics. I'm so sorry she cut off her gorgeous curls. But at least it has been documented and she will never be able to denybthis one. :). Hang in there!
That is a ton of hair! What a little stinker...at least she keeps things interesting :) I LOVE that she is so confident with herself, regardless of what she's just done. That will come in handy as she gets older!
I am so sorry. As a mom I can relate to your frustration. I would have cried too. As an Aunt though I can clearly see that the truth is someday this will be just one more precious story for you to tell her about. In fact, it almost makes it worth it - almost!
BTW - good job on teaching her to put things away. I wish my 2 year old would put things back when he was done with them. :)
And of course, you know, she is still a super CUTIE PIE! Crazy hair and all.
She is so cute! I am sorry to say I laughed at all the pictures. I love all the stories of your littles! Thank you for sharing all your trials and fun stories! XOXO.
Why is it that ALL little girls think they need to cut their own hair?? I am so thankful that I have boys and if they did cut their hair I would just buzz it off and call it good :-) Good luck! I love reading about your crazy life - it makes me feel like i am somewhat "normal" :-)
I wish I could say I have no idea what you are talking about, it would be a huge lie. My 8 year old still manages to cut bits of her hair. You know, the mullet is coming back into to style! But seriously, I want to know what you did to her afterward? What's with all the ouchies on the cute little face?
OH Cindi. Maybe you should put the scissors in a secret hiding spot. Don't let anyone see you get them out or put them away! Maybe. Love you.
I'm still in shock. Love the idea of covering with headbands. It could totally work. I dread that day if it comes (and "if" is the optimistic term I went with). Lucky you for the extra curls. What fun stories you will have to tell your kids when they are older.
I am sorry, but I was hysterically laughing through all the pics. At first I was like oh no, and then when I saw the pic with the pigtails I lost it. She totally looked like she was sporting a mullet of sorts. Man I would die....seriously. Just get a good spray bottle and a lot of mousse to scrunch it up and you will be good to go...good luck!!!
How could you not love her to pieces. Can you just imagine what it would be like to have a daughter who would dye her hair so dark it looks gothic. You just love her to pieces. Love you!
PS. I appreciate your Bishop's comic relief compared to when he typically has a woman crying in his office.
LOL!!! Well, I'm with your Bishop although he showed more contol than I would've!! It'll grow back and she'll probably do it again! NO matter what, she's still a cutie!!!
OH MY GOSH!! She has a fantastic mullet going on! I can't believe she cut that much off! I have such a fear of this. Mia and I have talks about it all the time. I know it is going to happen. And I will cry.
Post a Comment