Monday, January 10, 2011

Goals

A little over 6 months ago, my sister invited/challenged me to do the Young Women Personal Progress program. I was able to participate when I was a teen and received my Young Women medallion. Since then the Church has updated the program and added a value.

It is based on 8 Values: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice & Accountability, Good Works, Integrity and Virtue. All areas I know I can use some work in. I have to complete 6 experiences for each value (3 required and 3 elective).

Well my sisters Stake President Challenged the women in their Stake (in WA) to participate in the program, even if they have previously completed it. So instead of Resolutions this year I have decided to except the invitation. It sounds like a great way to improve my self and become a better me. I'm excited to do this program again as I'm sure I will learn lots and hopefully it will spill over into my life as a Wife and Mother.

Join me if you would like!

4 comments:

love, lowry said...

I'm doing mine too chick-a-dee! My goal is to finish by July, I'm working with one of the YW to finish with her before she leaves for college! I hope I can do it! I love being able to track it online, its so helpful. Good luck with yours, I hope we can all learn lots!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I believe I will take this challenge, too! I wasn't a member when I was a youth and had too much going on during the 20-some odd years I was a YW Leader...it's time I stop making excuses and JUST DO IT! Game on...

The Holyoaks said...

It's actually super fun. I'm really excited about it. Good luck!

Gpa Paul said...

Mom is on board. Great way to spend the new year.