Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Utah-wesome

Thanks to my wonderful SIL Amy and way awesome Parentals, I was able to fly my kidlets to California and then the following day, fly MYSELF to Utah to attend a Wedding.
I spent 5 days to myself giggling with my sisters and catching up with my dear friends the Larsens! It was a perfect little break for me and just what I needed.

I was invited fresh off the plane to join Lorren and company for her first trip to the temple. I was excited to learn it was at the Draper Temple instead of the Salt Lake Temple (which was where I was headed) and got there just in time. I had a wonderful time at the temple and it was gorgeous as most temples are!




Here is my totally AWESOME rental car!
Can we say YELLOW!!!
Jakey would have called it a race car.


The Bachlorette Party


Don't worry... this is about as scandalous as it got!




I was the Chaperon.
I was responsible and made sure the Bride got home
safe and sound to catch her beauty rest before the big day!
And NO, I was not wearing panties over my jeans!


The Wedding Day
The "McDonald's" were sealed for
Time and all Eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple

It was a Beautiful Ceremony on a Beautiful day!


I got the pleasure of doing Lorren's hair and sadly didn't get a good picture of the back. It was so cute!
Can I just say how much I LOVE doing weddings?
You get to experience those special moments with the bride and mother of the bride.
So special! Thanks girls for letting me be with you all day long.



Julie, this is what you get when you don't sit still while I am trying to do your hair! :)




The Beautiful Decor... Stunning!
Kathy, you ROCK!








I can't thank you enough for letting me spend this special time with your family!
I love you guys tons and miss you like crazy!
Sorry Matt that I didn't bring my kids I hope that someday you can forgive me! :)

Thanks Lorren for letting me be apart of your special day! You were such a beautiful Bride!!! Congratulations Sister McDonald!

12 comments:

Chad and Elizabeth said...

Yay! I'm so happy for Lorren! I was bummed that we weren't in Utah for the wedding. Thanks for posting pictures! Glad to see a post from ya. Hope vacation is/was going great for you!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!
I'm so glad you got a break and were able to spend it with good friends and family. Every mother needs a little time off!

jamie said...

Um, you were in Utah, and I live in Utah. You are dead to me.
j/k, but seriously, next time, we are doing lunch.

Elisa said...

3 weeks of no blogging from you, and its like I missed you. lol. what a gorgeous wedding! and a gorgeous bride! I can't say I share the love of doing wedding hair. It stresses me, I always avoided it and never got comfortable enough with it. Now I want to practice and get good at it. You can teach me some day.

Brittany said...

Glad you had a great trip. It was so wonderful to see you and so many of our Florida friends at the wedding!:) Hopefully it will happen again.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Lorren is so beautiful, but then why wouldn't she be? Julie looks stunning, too! Glad you got to be with the Larsen Clan on such a special occasion. Congrats to all.

The Clubb House said...

Cindy, you are so much fun (even without the underpants over your jeans)! I love reading your blog and seeing that you are still awesome and a terrific mom!

Adam and Laurin said...

I am so jealous of your 5 day break. You deserve it!!! Sounds like you guys had a great vacation. Can't wait to read more about it. Seriously my blog hopping has been very boring since you were gone....

The Kilcreases said...

what a nice time away and for 5 days! wow. What a beautiful wedding and reception, but then again i wouldnt expect anything less! thanks for sharing the pics and glad to see you blogging again! we missed you

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Hays said...

Can you take me shopping so I can look as cute as you do in your photo with the yellow "racecar"? Probably a bit to much for me now that I'm over the 35 yr. old mark. Darn! Hate getting older!
Your so cute Cindy! Miss your cuteness :(

Larsen's! said...

Cindi I love the post. And thanks for the hair-do!!! Can you send me some of the pics especially the one of Allie, Lorren and I. It wouldn't have been the same without you there. Thanks for coming and sharing it with us. We love you too!!!