We had a FABULOUS time at our 1st family reunion!
It was a great kick off to a new treasured tradition.
We had 2 parents, 14 kids, 18 grandkids, and 2 great grandparents attending this year.
We missed Leah and her family because she was back home having the 20th cousin!!!
Lexi Elise Bassett
joined their family on August 6 @ 7:53am
8lbs 11oz

We sure missed you all but are glad that this is why you couldn't make it!
We can't wait to meet lil Lexi!!!
It's Reunion time so ALLABOARD!
Monday
water slides and swimming
first float down the river on boogie boards and inner tubes
Tuesday
more floating down the river
S'MORES
they love me
camping in the backyard
Wednesday
Folsom City Zoo
Yes, my hair was red. I colored it like 3 times this week and it went from brown/gray roots, to orange, to red, than to Auburn which is not what I wanted but my hair can't take anymore color. Note to self, don't experiment... stick with what you know!
Thursday
The Train Museum
Jared flew in the night before to join us for the rest of the week.

This is where I wasn't paying attention to Jason and he got lost.
still don't know I have lost Jason.
Still not looking for Jason.
Found Jason. He was on one of the trains behind the plexiglass, trapped inside the display, yelling mommy! The museum people were more concerned about the fact that he was in the display than he was lost. Needless to say, we were followed or watched closely for our remaining stay at the museum. Yes, I'm responsible...I promise.
Train Parade in home made box cars
we are adults
Friday
Raft Trip- American River
middle-upper-lower
This trip deserves its own post so I will post about it later.
AWESOME pics to come!
While the rafters rafted, we took ALL the kids to Bouncopolis
(I kept calling it Bounce-a-licious)
Grandma and Grandpa Fudge (G'pa makes the best fudge ever!) came up for dinner and we surprised Grandma with a noisy rendition of Happy Birthday!
The Gang
Friday Night- Talent Show
Cori co-stared in the very first Camp Middleton Production of the Little Bunny Foo Foo.
She was the very cute and energetic "field mice".
Our family talent was... Jared juggling a golf ball on a pitching wedge and the kids catching the ball in the buckets. BRAVO family! BRAVO!
Impromptu Talent- An Oldie but Goodie... I Love to See the Temple
I love it that this is their favorite song. And I am super proud of them for getting up last minute to sing it nice and loud. Even if it was only to hear their own voices on the mic!
Saturday
Last trip down the river.
I kayaked for the first time. I got caught up on a rock but since I have GREAT balance, I was able to stay in my kayak and out of the cold water
One last night of Grandpa and Dr. Suess
Sunday
Like always, I forced them to have fun and be immature.
But this time, they were more than willing. :)
It was so fun to see these girls!
I can't wait till next year!
Thanks Again Parentals, WE LOVE YOU!!!



























6 comments:
I love your adventure and the cute pictures!!
I am laughing SO HARD at the "losing Jason" pictures...and even harder about where you found him!!!! Hahaha!
I had so much fun coming to visit you and your fam. Loves!
We had lots of fun visiting you guys! Love the post!
Love reading all about the fun times at Camp Middleton! Thanks again for letting us be a part of your fun!
What a fun family reunion!
How fun! Your family is awesome!
Post a Comment