Friday, August 21, 2009

The Riverhouse -Pre Reunion


Welcome to my newly private blog--again. :) I know I said I would do it tomorrow however, I had time now. I hope you made it with out too many inconveniences. For me it was a PAIN! Sorry if you got like three invites, that just means I really like you!
Sit back, relax (because you probably don't have 4 toddlers and that's something to relax about), and enjoy the crazy happenings of my life.

So where were we... awe, yes... After my trip to UT, I headed back to the Riverhouse with my sister Terri and her daughter Olivia. I was so happy to see my kids safe and happy. Except Jason. He was mad at me or something. My sister Jill and her 2 girls had arrived a few days before and Jason clung tightly to his Aunt Jill and called her mommy. Maybe it's because we look alike? I don't know. I do know that it took him a couple hours for him to acknowledge me but eventually he came around.
Man I really missed my kids and was ready for some family fun at the Riverhouse
(one of my favorite vacation spots).

We had a week until the reunion officially started so we had to find things to do to keep us busy. Thanks to G'ma, that was easy!

we out with Uncle Ben after his raft trip

bathing with cousins

eating with cousins

getting used to the cousins

being dramatic

being silly

swinging in the tree

hangin' out
Don't ya just LOVE all Cori's facials? Such a Drama Queen!

swimming at Da Boyz pool


snuggling

helping G'ma in the Garden


enjoying Popsicles

cooling off in the water feature that G'pa built.



more swimming

leaving 7 toddlers with 2 sitters while we adults went to the Sacramento Temple to do some family names.
It was a wonderful and spiritual experience. Always fun to go to the Temple with my Parents and some Siblings.

Celebrating Terri's Birthday

The Sisters took Terd out to dinner and then to see the Proposal. It was hilarious!!! We were obnoxiously loud and laughed the entire movie! Fun Times!

Saturday we went "rafting"
we pretty much just floated down to the park.
The kids had fun...
however, this...
happened right before we were gonna leave.
which of course caused this...
to happen the entire 30 minute float down the river.
and
Precious was a turtle stuck on her shell so I had to hold her up right the whole time.

playing in the river


rippin' cousins balled headed!

And finally Sunday night, we acted out our favorite scripture stories with G'ma & G'pa.


Who knew the scriptures had a Hobbit?
We busted a gut over Jason who looked more like Samwise rather than Sam, the brother of Nephi.

Can you believe it? We aren't even to the reunion yet!
Stay tuned for more...

11 comments:

larry said...

Thanks for inviting us to view your latest blog about the Reunion and before and after. It's fun to see your blogs and watch your children grow and change and to see the love and spirituality in your family. We're proud of you two as parents and love all of you.
Love Grandpa & Grandma M

Linda and Rex said...

Way too much fun and the reunion hasn't even started? Who needs a reunion? It looks like Jenny's waterfall is the best thing about the River House to the little ones. How fun.

The Clubb House said...

Thank you for inviting me to your blog! I love reading about your adorable family!! I also love that you are all still so close and your kids are growing up to be great friends! Miss you!

Vause Family said...

Looks like yall had a blast on your trip! I love how You always keep your blog updated, You are so funny!! It always takes me a couple weeks to update mine. Thank you for inviting me to your blog!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the invite, Cindi! I always get a good laugh and lots of joy when I come by to visit! Glad you had such a great "Pre-Reunion"!

Middleton said...

Good times!

Winnie said...

Fun pics!Thank you for inviting me!!

Tracy Haws said...

It looks like you guys had such a blast! I was so tempted to crash the Riverhouse and come see you guys while I was up in Yuba City but the timing never quite worked out. Wish I could have given you a squeeze in person, but consider yourself officially squeezed. Your family is beautiful and one of these days I'll get to tell you in person.

Vanessa English said...

I'm so glad your blog is back in action!

Kaymee said...

Looks fun!! I want a Riverhouse! :)

Chad and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you are back to your blog and I love seeing all the updates! I miss you guys!