Dear Friends... I HEART my Crock Pot!
I HEART how easy it is.
I Heart the food it makes.
And I HEART only having to clean one dish!
My recipes for my lovey are limited and I was hoping you could share with me
your Favorite Crock Pot meal so that we don't have to eat BBQ Chicken and Hot Apple Cider 7 days a week.
Pretty PLEASE!
Because I am a Culinary Artist, (ahem) here is my recipe for BBQ Chicken
put Chicken breasts in crock pot
add a whole lotta your fav BBQ sauce
crock it for some hrs
When fully cooked, it should fall apart but, shred if you must.
place between 2 buns
open up a bag of chips and enjoy
or
place atop some rice and enjoy
and
Viola!
(is this how you spell that word pronounced vwa-la? who cares!)
P.S. I'm not Lazy, I'm just Tired!
Help a Sista out!
11 comments:
Ooooo, I love doing one thing to get a meal done. Pulled Pork...4 lb - 6 lb Roast 1 1/2 - 2 jars of Pace Picante Salsa and 1/2 c. of Brown Sugar. Crock for some hrs and yummy tacos, burritos, salad....whatever your heart desires.
i'm not experienced in this area so i will be checking back to see what everyone else says!
Seriously... i don't even have the added stress of four kids and I already fully appreciate my crock pot! So much, in fact, that Chad surprised me with a Crock Pot cook book the other day and I was SOOO excited! I'll try some recipes and then pass them on to you! I did try a yummy potato soup recipe the other day which turned out very nicely. Also... look at this blog: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com where they have TONS of recipes and then also if you scroll down on my friend's june 4th blog here: http://jasonandbria.blogspot.com she has a recipe for how to make some cafe rio yumminess via your crock pot! Hope this helps! Let me know for sure :)
I HEART mine too! One of my friends just emailed me about a hundred recipes, so i'll forward it on to you!
I LOVE my crock pot too! Besides Cafe Rio (which I think we passed on) here are some of our favorite easy ones:
Rice Bowls-
Throw some chicken in a crock pot with your fav teriyaki sauce - cook 4-5 hrs, or until falling apart/easily shredded. Shred and then serve with rice, steamed veggies of choice, and rice noodles. Yum
French Dip-
Place Roast in Crock Pot, season with salt and pepper and add a can of french onion soup. Cook on low 6-8 hrs until tender. Shred and add more cans of french dip to give you the amount of aujous (??) you like. Cook on low another 1/2 - hour. Serve on rolls (we like to butter and toast the rolls first)
I have a really good crock pot lasagna recipe too - but I think I am taking to much space. I can send it to you if you want - but it is easy and good too. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have questions!
the first one I ever learned was a roast. get a beef roast (whatever kind), potatoes, carrots, 2 cans of golden mushroom soup. Throw in the roast and toss some seasonings on top - mrs dash, salt, pepper. throw in some potatoes (cut them up into bite size pieces), and i throw in a bag of baby carrots, just because that is easy. Put the soup on top and let it cook all day until the roast falls apart. I have a few other recipes if you are interested.
I love my crockpot too. There are several great cookbooks for crockpot recipes. I also use crockpot liners. You can find them in usually with the plastic bags. They make clean up even easier. This is our family favorite...
Chili
1 lb ground beef or turkey
2 large cans chili beans (no meat)
1 can rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
2 packages chili seasoning (I use one hot one mild, because we like it spicy)
Cook ground beef and drain, add all ingredients to crock pot, stir and let cook for several hours.
We put our chili on top of fritos with sour cream and cheese on top.
I will also add other beans, such as black or pinto just depends on what I have.
I was given one when we were married but have never used it. Maybe I'll get some pointers on how to use it.
Oklahoma Chicken in it! It is one of the best things I have ever ate! Linda has the recipe be sure to ask her for it
One more thing, I currently use a 6.5 quart crockpot but also have an 8 quart crockpot since our family will be getting bigger. You might want to keep your eyes open for a big one.
I'm with you, Cindi!! I heart mine, too! After 28 years of cooking with one I've had to replace mine only once!!
I will email you my 'Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings'!! Too long for here!!
Post a Comment