Little Jakey gave us a scare. Remember that ear infection I was talking about? Well yesterday afternoon Jake started having an asthma episode (like he usually gets with an ear infection). Well the episode became a nasty cough and then it became a struggle. I tried the nebulizer a couple times but it wasn't helping and he was getting worse. Jared arrived home early than expected (thank goodness) and I told him that we needed to take Jake to the Dr. We called the Dr. office and they told us to take him to the ER immediately! So Jared hopped back into the car and drove Jakey to the hospital. Jake got even worse in the car as Jared speed to the hospital. He was admitted and given another nebulizer and they did a chest X-ray. Turns out or big brother has pneumonia! which was making his asthma worse! So they loaded him up on steroids to open his airways and sent him home with 6 prescriptions! He had a hard time going to sleep last night but once he fell asleep, he slept great! He is doing MUCH better today and I am so glad.
Here is a picture that Jared took (via blackberry) at the hospital.

Doesn't he look miserable? Poor boy!
12 comments:
Way scary! Unfortunately we have been there and done that, starting at 9 months old for McKayla and many times after. I hate asthma, it is the most unpredictable thing ever. We learned so much through the years but it still sneaks in when most unexpected. I hope he gets better soon and you and Jared can recover from the scare. Who gets pneumonia in ARIZONA for crying out loud?
Poor guy! Brings up emotions when I did this with Ethan at age 15 months. I think breathing issues are the scariest thing with kids. Give him a kiss for me.
So sad. I'm glad he is doing better and that they didn't keep him in the hospital.
poor little guy. he looks tough, though, with his little buzz cut!
Poor guy! that stuff is always scary!!
Those types of situations make you so nervous. Poor little man! Whenever I see those masks on little kids, it breaks my heart.
I'm so glad he's doing better. How scary!!
What a sad picture. :( it's so scary when something is going on with your kids. Good luck with everything.
BTW, I love reading your blog. I seriously think you are superwoman with your 4 kiddos.
Poor little Jakey. I had tears in my eyes! I hope he's feeling better. We will pray for you Jakey!!! Give him kisses for me.
Oh my gosh! So scary! So glad he's better now.
Oh so sad. Poor little boy. I am glad that he got the help he needed. You are such a good mom!!
UR super strong...I dont have one of those stories...and thats probably why God leaves me out...I might have to go to the ER just from seeing Jake like that!
Post a Comment