Oh Dear! I've been thinking a lot about the "change" that has come to our Country. I have pretty strong views when it comes to politics but I usually try to keep them to myself because arguing over politics just doesn't go anywhere, so I try not to participate in arguing. I do however complain about it to my husband. I am so thankful for the right that I have to vote. Even though my vote didn't put who I wanted in the White house, I am actually excited that I got to participate in what I consider a very memorable election. I came across this on a blog today and I thought it was great for this mother to explain this to her children. (I agree with the mother)
me: Kids, we have a new President!
#1: Who won?
me: Obama.
#2: Did you want Obama to win?
me: No. But it's okay. That's what's great about our country; we don't get angry when the other guy wins.
#1: Who is Obama?
me: Wanna see a picture?
[I show them some pictures via Google Images]
me: Isn't he handsome?
#1 and #2: Yes! He's very handsome.
#1: What did the other guy look like?
[I show them pictures of McCain]
#2: Huh.
[Trying not to laugh]
me: Anyway, I hope Obama will be a good President.
#2: But you didn't want him to win.
me: I know, but now he's the President and so now we get to pray for him so he'll make good choices.
#1: Yeah. That's a good idea.
I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was nervous about what will happen as Obama is the newly elected President but worrying too much over it will change nothing. He is the new President and I LOVE this Country! So I will pray for him to make good decisions so that I can continue to be proud of this wonderful Country.
God Bless the USA!
4 comments:
Cute, Cinder. And I like your Christmas tree widget.
What a wonderful view on it. Thank you for sharing.
I thought the exact same thing after he won the election. I even told the same thing to my family. I, too, was nervous about him. But, now that "Hope won," I hope for a better tomorrow.
It was interesting to see the world's reaction to the election as we were out of the country...they are excited about Obama - he does talk a good talk...we can all HOPE.
Post a Comment