I've been avoiding this post mainly because I'm lazy. It took the week to recover from Halloween! So lets start back a few weeks... Jared said to me "Cindi, please don't make me wear a costume this year!" I decided ok. So our Pirate theme was out (especially since the boys won't do hats). So I made this beauty for Cori the first week of October knowing I needed the whole month to make four costumes. She was the Perfect Cinderella.
The costume was perfect for her however, it cured my need to sew! And I was completely un motivated to make any other costumes. I started making Lucie's Costume the week of Halloween. It was pretty easy thanks to Aunt Jill's "TUTU-torial" from her bloggity. And in usual Lucie fashion it was Precious and pink!
So now we jump to the night before Halloween. I showed up at Grammie's house thinking that she could help me sew the strips of Muslin to the boys for their Mummie costumes. Boy was I an idiot! After an hour of wrestling the boys and ripping and breaking the costume every time I put it on or took it off Jake, I gave up! And of course because I left it to the last minute the night before Halloween, I started to panic! I'm a horrible Mom... my boys don't have Halloween costumes... Why did I leave it to the last minute... Why did I think I could make 4 costumes... etc., etc., etc! Thank goodness for Grammie! I sat there and watched her make both of the boys costumes which turned out perfect! (THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Grammie!!!)
Jason Hating Halloween
Jake Hating Halloween
Halloween is not so bad
The BIG Day...Halloweeny
I volunteered (because I'm an idiot) to make cupcakes for Jake's class and also to go and help (take pictures) during their Preschool Fall Festival. It was very cute! Jake's class had one parent for every child and then a couple of extra adults to spare. So I was quickly aware that I was in the way! So I ran over to Cori's class, who had the opposite situation! NO PARENTS, on a Party day! What where they thinking? The 2 teachers were clearly overwhelmed so I tried to help out as much as possible. Of course Jake knew I was there so he'd freak out every time he couldn't find me so I continued to bounce back and forth. I really had a great time watching Cori and Jake interact with their Teachers and the other kids. (Preschool was a very good choice for us. The kids are loving it. And I am too)


We were told not to send the kids to school in "scary" costumes but I didn't listen!
Later that evening we went Trick or Treating... (Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy)
The first house, thank goodness it was Nana & Papa's, cause they rang the door bell nonstop until Nana opened the door and then Cori and Jake ran right in! And of course Nana gave them WAY TOO MUCH candy! So they were a great practice. We then went over to The McKinney's Trick or treating Fest (an Ocala 1st Ward tradition). There were tons of people, tons of food and tons of Candy. It is the perfect Neighborhood for Trick or Treating. We met up with the rest of the family and made the rounds.
Cousin Kohl and Lil'bro Brooks= Gator & Football
Aunt Katelyn & Cousin Macie=Lady bugs
After we had enough, we loaded up the kids in the car and headed to our Condo in St. Augustine. It was a perfect way to calm the kids down before bedtime. Seat belts, Tinkerbell movie, and a long drive!
The next morning the rest of the family joined us over at the beach to take family pictures. It was fun and the pictures turned out nice but later that evening after we had journeyed home, while I was uploading the pictures, I somehow deleted all 450 pictures off my camera and computer!!! I'm just sick over it! The only pictures I managed to find were pictures of Kristin's Friend CariAnne (who took the pix for us) and her kids. Seriously, Luck is running low these days!
Hopefully I can persuade the family to take more pictures but like I said, my Luck is running low, so we'll see! Hope everyone had a safe and spooky holiday





















8 comments:
everyone turned out looking so cute! i can't believe all the craziness at the preschool. you're nuts. miss you guys!
Cindi~ I'm sure you will look back at this craziness and laugh and be glad you made these memories. You are crazy for making all the costumes. Crazy girl!
Cute Halloween costumes! Love the mummies. Always the creative one... Crazy Crazy!
You are NOT a horrible mother. I love all the things you do and make for your kids. I only have two and would never attempt all that you do. I was going to make Noah be a mummy, but wasn't quite sure how I was going to do it(sounds dumb I know). And I love both the girls' costumes! You are amazing!! Oh, and I noticed a cousin(?) Macie...I think that's what we're naming our baby.
Cori looks so beautiful and so old!! And I'm exhausted just thinking about all those costumes. I love the phone number on the back of your little mummy...hilarious AND brilliant!!
Very fun! I noticed in the cousin pic that Kohl has some extra long legs. Someone really didn't want a photo of themselves to be blogged.
That would make me sick too about losing all those photos! Good luck is bound to come your way..if not, "See a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck!"
They all turned out way cute! You got lots of fun pictures. Ben and I were laughing that you wrote that on the back of Jason. I think Lucie looks SO SO SO much like Cori did. I likey her headband!
Hey, Lydia had that same ladybug costume!
Post a Comment