So first of all
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!
So Wed June 4 I woke up walked in the neighborhood with the kids and did 100 jumping jacks then got ready for my 10am appt. At my Doctor's appt the Midwife Teesha told me I was dilated to a 4 and that my water was bulging. She tried to talk me into going to the hospital so she could break my water. I kind of panicked and said that I needed to go talk to my husband first. She said that was fine and that I could page her and let her know when I was ready. I drove home (crying the whole way) thinking that I wasn't ready yet. Which is so funny cause up until she told me my progress, I thought I was. I got home talked to Jared and he was excited and said lets do it. I cried a little more cause the thought of really having 4 children by the end of the day had really sunk in. After changing my mind several times I decided to wait for labor to come naturally. So 2:00pm rolled around and I started having contractions. They were semi consistent but didn't hurt. So Jared went golfing with his dad and brother and I continued to sew the blankets and burp clothes for the baby that I had put off. By 6:00pm the kids and I headed over to The Larsen's house for dinner. On the way over I noticed that my contractions were getting pretty close together. When I got to Their house I told Julie and she helped me time them. We realized that they were about 3-5 min apart. Because of my past deliveries being fast Julie was trying her hardest to convince me to go to the hospital. I text Jared and told him how close the contractions were and when I didn't get a reply I just thought i might be over reacting. Julie continued to encourage me to go to the hospital for fear of having to deliver the baby for me in her kitchen but I still wasn't sure if I should go (or was scared to think that I was really in labor). So I finally decided I would take the kids home and get ready to go for when Jared got home. After I left Julie's, Julie had called my mother-in -law and told her so Grammie was already on her way to my house to watch the kids for me. Jared got home about 10 min after me, took a quick shower, gave me a blessing and we were off to the hospital. At this time it was about 8pm and on the way I called Teesha (Midwife) to let her know I was on my way. When I got there she had already called the hospital and they were expecting me. I was admitted at 8:30pm and they had already called for an epidural. I got the epidural and then Teesha broke my water and then we waited. I was in and out of anxiety, nervousness, excitement etc. I wasn't expecting to wait as long as I did but finally
Lucie Lou McGrath
was born at
1:10am Thursday June 5, 2008
weighing 8 pounds 1 ounce and 19 1/2 inches.
We just got home today and we are all doing well.
We just got admitted
waiting- a new thing for us
she's finally here
4's a charm
We are a family of 6!
Cori and her "Precious Pink Baby"
Jake kissing "Baby"
going home
Welcome Home Lucie!











24 comments:
Good luck, you rock star!
you look amazing already Cindi! Is everything ok? Do you need us to bring dinner? Lucie is adorable! How is the day going?
Wow, you look great! And Lucie is a perfect name for that cute thang!! Love you and miss you, so excited for you!
that is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys!! CONGRATS!!!
she's soooo cute! I love how she is all dolled up already! Can't wait to meet her! Precious!
You look beautiful Cindi! Congratulations on FINALLY having one early! Love her outfit! Can't wait to meet her!
Congratulations Cindi!!! She is sooo cute. I am so excited to meet her. I am sad that we couldn't come up today but hopefully Macie will get over this cold pretty quick so we can come see you guys. You all look great! Congrats!
Aww look at you guys, 4 kids! That is so great, you are such a great Mommy, have fun with her, I love her name!
Congratulations! WOW... Lucie is gorgeous! Best wishes to you and your family.
You are one hot momma! What an adorable family of 6 you are! You did it! I'm so proud of you. Good luck with your first week, I'm sure it will be crazy, and you will get through it with grace.
She is beautiful and you look amazing! Congratulations!
YEAH!!! So excited for you and your freaking darling family. You really are the cutest mom ever. I love it.
Congratulations!! She is a beauty!! I love her outfit. Did you make the flower clip on her beanie and in Cori's hair??? You look awesome too! I didn't expect any less though :)
I agree with Jill, You ARE a rock star! She looks so adorable & you lokk amazing! Can't wait to meet my "precious pink g'daughter!" See you next week!
Oh yay! How fun! She's pretty and your family is so so cute!
Congratulations! Everyone looks well and I am excited to meet you and your kids, when I come down. Good work!
P.S. Who ever looks that great just after delivery? You are a beauty!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was thinking of you today and will hope the week goes well. Some days I think I am ready for 4 and many others I am not - I am waiting for more days of ready for 4 before even thinking about it seriously!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Like everyone else, I think you look AMAZING!!!!! And Lucie is adorable. Congrats on her, and I'm glad everything went well. You're a trooper, I would have probably went to the hospital after my appt. So strong, and brave! And your family is adorable, as always!!
There isn't must left to say, it's all been said...You look amazing, she is adorable and your family looks healthy and happy. I'm so thrilled for you and wish I could see you in person to give you a huge congratulatory hug! Way to go Cindi!
Love, Tracy
I can barely handle 2 little ones. Sunday I had both in RS and it was chaos. Don't know how you've been doing it! Wow and posting on arrival day. It took me a week plus. And you look so thin already. I am a month postpartum and my tummy looks like yours right after delivery. Jealous! Hope we can visit someday...we'll be close in Pensacola at the end of July.
favorite cuz-April
She is beautiful! I love the pink flower and blankets you made! She looks like a Diva already!
janay
Congrats! She's a doll. I love the name. Especially "Lou". I always wondered why I attach a "lou" to everyone's name...must have got it from you. Good luck!
Yeah, I'm not convinced that baby came out of you...your stomach looks like mine after I've had a big lunch! Congrats! you are a beautiful family. (And part of me is jealous you have already gone through all your pregnancies...I have only done one so far!) Best wishes.
CONGRATS CINDI!! She is beautiful and you look AMAZING. How do you do it? You don't even look like you had a baby. That's talent. Your family is SOO darling. I am so happy and excited for you.
Post a Comment