Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Catching up



So here we are starting back from Monday, the 19th of May. We celebrated Jason's 1st Birthday with our Ocala Family. He was not interested! He didn't want the food, the singing, the cake, or the presents! We learned later on in the week that he had an ear infection and sinus infection which is what brought on the grumpiness. He didn't mind the company and he loved the balloons. He sure is a cute Birthday Boy anyways! Thanks for all the gifts and clothes. He loves all his toys and he is so stylin'!







The very next day, we hopped on a plane for California. While waiting to get on that flight we (my sister-in-law Kristin came with to help me on the planes) realized our plane was stopping not once but twice! You gotta love Southwest! So 8 1/2 hours later (on the same plane with 4 children) we finally arrived in Sacramento, CA. The kids did really well considering the day. Kristin and I did too! Jill and Macy flew in an hour before us so we had a car full to drive up to the river house. Thanks Aunt Terri for picking us up!

The next day Mom and Dad got back to the house and they brought... Uncle TY!!!!! He had already been home for almost a week and looked just the same + a couple of inches.

We spent the rest of the week playing with family, riding the Dora car and bikes, climbing the rock wall, riding the tractor (Jake's Favorite), rafting, kayaking, campfires and getting dirty! It was such a fun week and so worth the stressful traveling!


Here is our Maternity Photo shoot. My only regret is that we didn't do this at Thanksgiving time when all 6 of us were there pregnant together! And yes that is me, 8 months + doing a back bend and Jill 5 months + doing one too. And Terri laughing cause we are crazy and stupid! It really hurt!

And of coarse Jason's special day was spent in California so we celebrated with cake and ice cream. I can't believe my baby is 1! He was a little better this time with the cake but not the presents. So his cousins Avery, Kenyon and Macy opened them for him. They are so nice! He did like them when they were open. He was still getting over his ear infection.

Kristin and Allie got to enjoy some things too like going to San Francisco in my Mom's convertible, visiting the little town of Coloma (where my parents live) and learning about the gold rush, and rafting and kayaking several times. I think they enjoyed themselves. Thanks for coming with me. It was a lot of work but I really appreciate it.

We made it home safe and sound. The flights back were better and the kids did great. I had a doctor's appt the day after and they were happy to see that I was still pregnant. I on the other hand did not share their enthusiasm. I learned I was dialated to a 2 which is new for me to have started this this early in a pregnancy. I'm not trying to be too excited about that because I know I could be walking around for 3 weeks like this. I have another appt tomorrow and I'm hoping they will tell me I'm a 7 and lets go to the hospital! More than likely, that won't happen but just in case...


I'm all packed and ready to go!

9 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

So glad you were able to come. we loved having you here. G'ma is ready to go, too! :)

kelly ferg said...

You three should be on the cover of Parents Magazine. That is the funniest thing ever. You're all so beautiful. Glad you got to see Ty! Nick is still the same in so many ways but still different in many ways also. Loved to see his mug come down that escalator. Happy delivery!

Kaymee said...

looks like you are so busy having fun, the baby will be here in no time!!! The prego pics are super cute!

Tiffany said...

I love the pics too! It looks like you had a blast like always.

About Us said...

You are more limber than I was at that point! Looks like a fun time!

Rebecca said...

Wow this is a fun post...let me see if I can remember everything I wanted to say. I LOVE the picture of Cori and Macy. You and Jill should both frame one for their rooms. I love the pregnant sisters picture. You guys are so goofy. And I really like your carseat. Very stylish. And you look great. And I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!

Rebecca said...

Oh! And Ty is adorable. And TALL! Seeing him home really makes me miss Darren.

Vanessa Brown said...

4 Kids on the plane for 8 hours, ok you are a great Mom because honestly I would have started crying. You guys are so cute with your belly photos :) Good luck with the baby!

Dacia said...

I am laughing cause your blog hasn't pulled up on my reader for a LONG time and I have missed hearing from you but figured it was pregnancy - better late than never I logged on and saw I hadn't put in my password for the reader to pull it up. Anyways, I missed hearing from you and have enjoyed catching up!!! My big question is how did you get on the plane 9 months pregnant. I have heard they won't let you. When I was pregnant with Alyssa, Kevin and I went to LA for a day on her due date but I carried her different and could hide it with a jacket - as I am writing this I am laughing cause I am not trying to say you were huge or something, just wanted to know if they hassled you.