2 MONTHS!?!? What is my deal?
Life has been crazy but who's isn't?!
I'm just gonna take it easy and do my best to catch up.
But first, I HAD to share our Halloween costumes!
Why do I love this holiday so much?
The kids school every year has a parade showing off the costumes of our Kindergarten- 2nd Graders. The whole school and neighborhood gets to watch the kids march around the school a couple times before they go in for the Harvest parties.
We did not get to participate last year because on the day of the parade/parties, Cori was really sick. So this experience was new for both Cori and Jake. Cori I think was a little embarrassed about all the attention. And, well, I couldn't see Jake's face to know how he felt about it.
Jake, a "Glad-inator" or "Bbbbbravvvve Knight"
Cori, a BEAUTIFUL Greek Goddess/Princess
I got to volunteer for Jake's K party. Oh My Craft projects! LOVE his teacher. I also got to use my great animated reading skills to read a Silly Scarecrow book to all the kids. I'm trying to follow in my Dad's awesome children's-storytelling footsteps!
Later that day we went to our Annual Ward/Neighborhood Party.
Here we are all ready to go...
I wish I would have spent more time taking pictures of us all dressed up. It took my a whole month to make these costumes. A little here and there... MAN... I'm not sure if I can do it another year!!! I LOVE how the costumes turned out but I do NOT have time to make 6 costumes! (Not to mention the 5 other people who I helped make or alter their costumes)
Anyways the details and hair were great. I'm just bummed that you can't really see it.
I thought my hair/headpiece ROCKED!
We went with a Greek Theme if you can't tell.
Jared was Zeus, I was Medusa, The Boys were Gladiators and the Girls were Greek Princesses.
As always, our Halloween Party is AMAZING! Oh I love this place!
I loved how much my neighbors and friends get into the Holidays around here.
Wishing I would have spent more time taking pictures of all the Great costumes!
We sure have some FUN friends!
My kids LOVE Tyler!
Cori kept going back for more and more and more... by the end of the night she had I heart Justin Beiber all over her face. Hearts everywhere, a necklace and a butterfly!
She has a LOT of fun!
Jake would NOT put down any of his accessories! I swear he fell over 3-4 times trying to carry it all and run! Hahaha... I finally took his helmet, sword and shield while he ate.
Jason LOVED all the games. He is such a handsome little guy!
But he was happy to show us his wicked awesome Gladiator fighting skills!
Lucie was a dancing FOOL!!! Danced None stop! It was so funny to watch all her dance moves. She is a party animal just like her Mom!
Like always the 'hood is poppin with trick-or-treaters! I always feel bad not being home while I take my kids out. Luckily Lucie and Jason could only stand one street before I took them home. They had more fun passing out candy then they did getting it!
Unfortunately I ended up with more candy then I wanted. I had even dumped two of the kids buckets back into the bowl to hand out to more trick-or-treaters. I was trying to get rid of it as it came in but alas here I am eating candy bar after candy bar as I type. I don't have the discipline to not eat it or the heart to just through it away. I'm a sucker!
Here's to a successful Halloween! Already brainstorming for next years costumes!
I'm INSANE! :)











7 comments:
Yay! Thank you so much for blogging. And it hasn't even been 24 hours since I asked. :) loves you.
Love your creativity. Awesome costumes! Don't worry. I spend all year brainstorming, too and yet never get quite the inspiration I need until Halloween comes. Maybe I'll be better next year?
Hurray for bloggin! We have missed seeing your shenanigans...looks like another successful Halloween - great job on the costumes! Can't wait to see y'all next week!
Great job on the costumes, hair, and make up! You have become quite the little seamstress. Way to "make it work," Cindi Lou! : )
Yay! Welcome back. I've missed seeing your pics and learning about what the kids have been up to! Keep it coming. Love you!
Love the costumes!! You always have the best!
I'm SO GLAD you're blogging again. Please keep it up! Love watching your adorable kids grow up.
Boo. It was a lot of fun last year in your neighborhood. Definately more over the top than any place I have ever been. See you soon
Post a Comment