Tuesday, November 8, 2011

RH 3: The Festivities...

Like always, My parents plan lots of fun for us to participate in.
Again, this is way out of order chronologically speaking.

First, our sweet newest Sister-in-law Christi had her Mom Lulu come and teach us white girls how to make Tamales and Cactus Salad. We are SUPER spoiled!

As you can see by this picture, Christi is super impressed by my Spanish Speaking Skills.
She particularly likes it when I read everyday/household appliance instructions to her in Spanish so I can practice my pronunciation. She LOVES it!





Lulu and Christi and her siblings are the BOMB!
They were delicious and I feel all special because I know how to make them.

Next was one of those wall to wall Trampoline places. The kids had a BLAST!!!




Afterwards we had lunch at In-n-Out.
I was a TAD bit overwhelmed at this point. Hahaha... Thank goodness for Aunt Dara!
She is such a trooper!

Next I tie-dyed 44 T-shirts! Yeah ME!!! Everyone rubber banded their own and I applied either Purple, Blue or Green where they directed me too.
My hands were PURPLE and Raw for about a day and a half before I poured straight bleach on them to get it off. OUCH!!! But it was worth it! Mom was super happy with how they came out!

While I was dying shirts, Mom was teaching the boys the Haka and the Girls the Huki Lau.








The next day we rafted the river because that's what we River Rats do at the River!
While Grandpa got the boats ready :), the kids bounced around on them making it 10 times more difficult! Here Jason and Lucie are playing Sharkboy and Lava girl. My goodness I HATE that movie!






We finished off our trip with some family fun games. My parents were very creative. It was definitely Wet and Wild!!!





Uncle Ty and Cori made a great Team with the water balloon toss.

Here is Cori with the winning Catch! She was sooooo EXCITED!!!

Tug of war





And we played baseball where there was a slip in slide in between 3rd base and home so you had to slide into home. The kids LOVED this!

We also got to Celebrate Lexie's Birthday with cupcakes! :)

We had a great trip! Thanks Mom & Dad for another Successful Reunion!
Can't wait till next year!

2 comments:

Middleton Family said...

It's kind of fun that you waited so long. It was a nice little trip down memory lane. :)

Gpa Paul said...

Next year is in the planning stages. But next year we will be 100+.